Next Season

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MP5_57

Next Season

Post by MP5_57 »

Anyone have any idea when the first AutoX will be for the 2004 season. I need to know so that I can have a time frame to prepare my car. Thanks everyone.........BTW the new board looks great :D

James
tscott

Post by tscott »

I assume the next event will be sometime in march. We haven't had our first Solo 2 board meeting yet.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Yep, late March or early April.
- Dave Disney
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

disneyd wrote:Yep, late March or early April.
The sooner the better 8)
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

At the point we get more people who know how to run things, would there be the likelihood of having more events?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Well, it depends on pavement availability, but there are two big issues that I can think of right off:

1) We need more saftey stewards... and, of course, they need to be people who show up regularly and will take saftey seriously. I don't think we have anyone in the club who is certified to train new saftey stewards, but we could probably get David Hester from Chattangooga to do one for us (or possibly someone from Atlanta region).

2) This is a big one.... we need more people willing to chair the events. We are wearing the same folks out by asking them to chair so many events. The major part of chairing the event is just regular old hard work. Don't worry about the course layout, experienced course designers will help you as will the saftey stewards. I think Scott was working on an event check list to help the chairs keep up with things (check list for trailer stuff (waivers, charged batteries, etc.), driver's meeting agenda, etc.), we can get that and fine tune it. If you can figure out a way to get the trailer to the site without asking Dick to haul it, that would be a big plus (he had to haul it around way too much, and I was guilty of asking him too).

If you've been around for two seasons or so, you know enough to chair an event... If you're worried about course design, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Its also pretty easy to round up a few people to show up early and lend a hand.

These two items need to be addressed whether we have more events or not...
- Dave Disney
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

I know that this year coming up I really am planning on getting more involved with the club, as far as coming to the meetings and learning how things are run behind the scenes. I could go for getting trained in the ancient art of the Safety Stewart or even try my hand at chairing an event with the proper assistance.

Do the meetings start back up January 6th?
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Of course, I'd be willing to help with whatever was needed. How do you get your car to the event if you are towing the trailer?

Anyway, as far as new pavement....

I mentioned to John Brown about the ADESA auto auction in Lenior City. He said we used to run there, but it was hard to get a clean lot (cars out of place, etc). If we could work something out with these guys to get it to work, it would be awesome. Looks almost as big as the Michelin place in SC. If a place like that would cost more money, I wouldn't care to pay an extra $5 for an event there.

There is still the place in LC where the papa johns is located.

I have also noticed that place on papermill raod where the furniture store is (across papermill from PF Changs)...it looks desolate most of the time.

Just some ideas
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Well............as scary as it sounds. If your looking for Chair people, id be willing to lend my novice efforts towards whatever needed. I run most events(when NOT raining), and attend even if im not running. Im up early as it is anyway, due to work schedule......so no biggie there.

And maybe, juuuust maybe.....I could have a hand and setting up a course or two on a porbationary basis. No, i wont make it a circle track......no, it wont be a dragstrip. It would be a FAIR course.

As for the trailer.......we have Steve Hobbs that is willing to tote the trailer for the events we chair.

I may not be the bes.........but id be someone that is willing to learn. Lord knows ive been SCHOOLED enough by the PRO guys these past 4 years! :twisted:
whywrybhpy

Help at Events

Post by whywrybhpy »

You can count on us North Carolina boys to help at events. We try to arrive early so if you need us just ask. Really enjoy racing with all of you ltr Larry Johnson
If you don't go for it you'll never know!
I drive the borrowed Ruby Red Corvette!!!!!!
whywrybhpy

Help at Events

Post by whywrybhpy »

You can count on us North Carolina boys to help at events. We try to arrive early so if you need us just ask. Really enjoy racing with all of you ltr Larry Johnson
If you don't go for it you'll never know!
I drive the borrowed Ruby Red Corvette!!!!!!
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

disneyd wrote: but we could probably get David Hester from Chattangooga to do one for us
I know Dave Well, and I'm sure he'd be willing, schedule allowing. I'm not speaking on his behalf of course, I'm just sure he'd be up for it... Maybe Free Entry into an event in return + whatever you would think of offering anyway??
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DickCDawg

Get involved in ETR's 2004 Solo II decisions!

Post by DickCDawg »

Our first Solo II meeting for 2004 will be at Mancino's (Middlebrook Pike at Cedar Bluff Rd) on Sunday Jan 18th, starting at 1pm. If you want to get involved with setting up our schedule, locations, and operations - then here's your chance!
Main tasks at this meeting will be to accept volunteers/assign chairmen for tech, registration, timing & scoring, and equipment mgr, set dates and locations for 2004 events, and decide how to set up safety steward training. We have the room until 4pm, so other topics such as awards, new pavement search, new expense items, etc. should also have time for discussion. If you haven't been on the 2003 Solo Committe and plan on attending, please let me know at DickCDawg@aol.com.
Those who want to have lunch should arrive around 1 and get their order in - I expect to start the business meeting around 1:30 - 1:45p timeframe.

All volunteers accepted!!
Dick Hancock
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

So is there a meeting tonight or not :? :?

http://www.etrscca.org/sccaforum/viewtopic.php?t=46