Another great day in Bristol

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
4Davey

Another great day in Bristol

Post by 4Davey »

Thanks go to Dave Disney for a very challenging course. It was fun but also really challenged your car control. Things went quick, lots of runs, and still got a boat load of runs.
BIG thanks to Jason for the ride!!! And the swift kick in the pants. :oops:

Excuses:
1 The car has WAY more power that I am used to.
2 The car longer than the Golf, thats why I hit so many cones with the back wheels.
3 I am used to R comps, couldn't get used to the skating feeling.
4 What? Jason won in the same car. Nevermind. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Then in fun runs he put 1 1/2 seconds on Dave and Dave in their car!! :shock:
Man that guy sure is fast for a one legged driver. 8)

Thanks Jay 8)
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
awdbandito

Post by awdbandito »

Definately fun. Getting 7 runs plus fun runs always makes me happy. It was definately tight and challenging.
NateC

Post by NateC »

Awesome day. I might not have put down some good runs but i experimented with some left foot braking etc... Cant wait til next event!
MMMMMM! I sure do love dem DUBS!
84' Rabbit GTI
-Nate CEE!
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

I have lots of people to thank for today. I really appreciate all the help, it's nice to be a part of such a good group.
Bill thanks for the chairs, that makes more than once you have looked out for me and Mansi. :D Scott and Chuck thanks for the air tanks! Avery and Greg thanks for hooking up and letting me use the compressor, could you tell I was about to lose it? :evil: Brian thanks for letting me get my $hit together in grid before running. Mark thanks for the water. Curt thanks for helping me once we got it going.
Dave your event went great, sorry we had to duck out early. Thanks again to all and I hope I am not leaving anyone out.
HB
steverife

Post by steverife »

Big thanks to Disney for the event! I didn't think I was going to like the course, but I really enjoyed the challenge. It felt really good to drop time AND get clean (I filled Harp's role and got 9 cones on my first two runs! :P)

Big thanks to David (Scuffcakes) for letting me drive the Miata in fun runs. So much fun.....
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
JAY

Post by JAY »

Wow! Another great course. No complaints from me today. I got to drive three very fast cars today on a challenging course. Big thanks to the Dave's for letting me get a taste of the SM2 life, and to Sean for letting me put the Talon through it's paces.
Jason Collett
JAY

Re: Another great day in Bristol

Post by JAY »

volvosrule wrote:Then in fun runs he put 1 1/2 seconds on Dave and Dave in their car!! :shock:
I don't know about that. :?
Jason Collett
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Yeah, I thought you got Dave by 0.8.

It was a great event (except for the nails I keep picking up in Bristol).
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Istanbul not Constantinople...
:wink: 8)
(Inside Joke)
Thanks Dave!
I Enjoyed the course, I got a Win, and I got to give Chuck's '06 Stripped Focus a Zip in Fun Runs.
I wish I hadn't coned on my fastest run.
I didn't realize that I'd Touched one, but was told that I ran over the base hard enough to rotate it out of the box.
:(
That was worth alot of PAX time...
Thanks Again for a great event.
Now to bring it closer to home....

:wink:
Focus on FASTER!!!!
4Davey

Re: Another great day in Bristol

Post by 4Davey »

JAY wrote:
volvosrule wrote:Then in fun runs he put 1 1/2 seconds on Dave and Dave in their car!! :shock:
I don't know about that. :?
I stand corrected. :oops:
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Great event Dave. It seemed like we got 7 runs in by 2:30, but that can't be right. :lol:

Congratulations to McMark. I didn't even bother with the PAX. :oops:

I wish we could have stayed for the fun runs, but we had to get the stage out of the middle of the road!

Ted, that thing looks like FUN. 8)
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

Lotsa fun out there today. Dave, great course today. It was challenging without being frustrating and you even made good use of "the bowl".

Also, thanks Doug for all the help today. Brian says I should pay you to co-drive with me all the time if you make me drive like that. :lol:

Steve, I'd say get yourself a Miata, but you already whip my butt enough as it is.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Once again Dave...a great and challenging course. A GREAT BIG THANKS from me too.

Chris being gone must be the reason I hit so many cones today also. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD - Thanks for the ride during fun runs. That is a real fun car to drive. I might have to co-drive the next event.

Ted- Ummm yeah....that thing looks FUN. :wink: :twisted: :twisted:
2013 WRX
QuattroTT

Post by QuattroTT »

Indeed, big fun today! A really fun course and a beeeautiful surface to run on.....that lot rocks! Thanks also for the fun runs.....I think I had 12 runs total!! Of course dropping another 1.4 seconds when it doesn't count is always a little frustrating but it's still nice to know the car and driver had it in them.

Thanks for playing host to my crew from Asheville. You folks should come down and run with us if you have a chance.....we have a great club down here and still have the final two events of our night series to go this year.

See you next season!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Starks
Highland's Sports Car Club
DS 08 Audi TT Quattro
awdbandito

Post by awdbandito »

You're more than welcome to co-drive any event. You can tell me what I'm doing wrong, which I think is not braking enough.

Appreciate the drive in the STi, I came home with delusions of getting one.