Highlands Sports Car Club Thanksgiving Turkey-cross

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
deadbolt

Highlands Sports Car Club Thanksgiving Turkey-cross

Post by deadbolt »

Well, I just got off the phone and our site is confirmed!

The 2006 Highlands Sports Car Club Turkey-cross is official!

We will be having the event on THANKSGIVING DAY, Thursday November 23rd.

The site is... drum roll please.......

Belk's at the Biltmore Square mall. (Formerly Proffitt's)

Some of you may remember that we had this site two or three years ago, but it was when Proffitt's was there. The Proffitt's manager raised a HUGE stink and had us kicked out of the lot. This is a VERY nice lot, good size, much bigger than our normal lot at Biltmore Square, and nowhere near as divided up! It should be a GREAT lot for us, and with hope, this might be a foot-in-the-door for perhaps using the site again sometime next year.

We will start around 9:45AM, and finish around 4:00PM with someone working registration and tech all day so you can show up whenever you like.

Edit: More info:
Cost - $20.00 for members, $30.00 for non-members covers all day.

If you leave and return, you WILL have to present your car for tech inspection again, but you will not have to re-register, or pay again.

Registration: 8:30 - 9:30 (cutoff for first run group) but we will accept registrations all day long. No matter what time you arrive, you will have to pay the full entry fee. If you arrive after the event starts, you will be REQUIRED to work a session before you are allowed to make your runs, this is just to help us make sure that we have enough workers on course at all times and people don't make runs and then take off.

Official thread on the HSCC board:
http://www.highlandssportscarclub.com/p ... .php?t=874

We hope to have online registration open sometime tomorrow.

Hope to see some of you out there!
deadbolt

Post by deadbolt »

MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Wow, I wish you guys lots of luck with the event and new site.

Unfortunately, I would be shot, cremated, and buried, along with my car, under the house if I even thought about autocrossing on Thanksgiving day. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Ditto :cry:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
steverife

Post by steverife »

I don't have anywhere that I have to be for Thanksgiving, but to tell you the truth....

eating way too much turkey & dressing & pecan pie for dessert + nap on the couch + football > autocross
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

If I attended this, I would be a very lonely man afterwards. Best of luck with the event, however!
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
deadbolt

Post by deadbolt »

Ahh, c'mon, you can bring the family out too! :lol:
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

deadbolt wrote:Ahh, c'mon, you can bring the family out too! :lol:
I'll be in Hawaii suckers! Otherwise, I would be all for it.....except then my wife would kill me. :roll:

But she's more than willing to dump the family for Hawaii....go figure.
TedV

Post by TedV »

Hey Deadbolt, does that Mutant, Steve Haupt have his FM soloV runnin? and will he be there on turkey day? :twisted: :twisted: Think he still owes me a ride. hehe

I'm waiting for the registrar to let me in over on the highlands forum
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
deadbolt

Post by deadbolt »

TedV wrote:Hey Deadbolt, does that Mutant, Steve Haupt have his FM soloV runnin? and will he be there on turkey day? :twisted: :twisted: Think he still owes me a ride. hehe

I'm waiting for the registrar to let me in over on the highlands forum
Not sure if they got the Fomula Vee repaired or not, or if Steve is going to be coming out to the Turkey cross. I should see him at the monthly meeting before the event so I will ask him.

Send an email to webmaster@highlandssportscarclub.com , Pete should be able to resend your login.
deadbolt

Post by deadbolt »

7-day countdown!

C'mon some of you guys can tear yourselves away! :lol:
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Well, I was trying to decide whether to do my family's dinner here in Knoxville or Jessica's in Asheville... so I'll be at the Turkey-Cross! (plus I'll get bonus points from Jess for choosing her family's dinner, muuwhhhahaha :twisted: )
- Dave Disney
deadbolt

Post by deadbolt »

disneyd wrote:Well, I was trying to decide whether to do my family's dinner here in Knoxville or Jessica's in Asheville... so I'll be at the Turkey-Cross! (plus I'll get bonus points from Jess for choosing her family's dinner, muuwhhhahaha :twisted: )
Smart man! :) Keep the woman happy and yourself in the process!!!
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Hey Deadbolt... I plan on being there early anyway, but I'm curious about how you're running this event. From what you've posted it sounds like you can show up anytime within reason and work then run. Are you running a bunch of mini-heats? Are we limited to a certain number or runs or can we just keep alternating running/working until we get tired or run out of time?
- Dave Disney
///M3

Post by ///M3 »

UPDATE: We will be taking food donations for Manna Food Bank at this event.
Although not required for entry, we very much encourage everyone to bring something. Details/what to bring can be found here: http://www.highlandssportscarclub.com/p ... .php?t=886
Shane Eudy
2009 President
Highlands Sports Car Club