You might be a racer if....

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
JW

You might be a racer if....

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

It's amazing how much of that is totally accurate.

My favorite one is:
"- You astound the clerk at Sears by bringing in a snapped breaker bar every other week or so." Try 3 in one day. On the 3rd one, the clerk replied, "Whatever you are doing, don't do it again. I didn't bother to tell him that I was using a 6' cheater bar to try to break the axle nuts loose on the latest acquisition. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

The best way to break a breaker bar is to put the cheater pipe on and then stand on it out near the end and bounce up and down while holding onto the side of the car while a helper is applying the brakes. Something always breaks when using this technique.

Seriously, the best way to do this is to use a slide bar. It has a 3/4 inch drive head that slides back and forth on a big solid round bar meant for cheater pipes. You can slide the head to one end and put one cheater on or if you are removing a fastener that is on a verticle axis, you can put the head in the middle and use two cheaters and a helper. Do not use the two man technique on a hub nut though because it is on a horizontal axis and the guy pushing down could do a number on the guy pulling up when the nut breaks loose.

Years ago Sears used to sell slide bars. I bought one about 30 years ago to remove SAAB hub nuts with. It is still in fairly good condition even though old SAABS have really big hub nuts that are cranked down really tight.
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

I've GOT to get some negative camber on the front of that mower. It pushes like heck at the bottom corner of the yard! :twisted:
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
OneFastZx2

Post by OneFastZx2 »

its sick how much of those apply to me, i let my "significant other" read it too and shes still laughing...... lol :lol:
98 Ford Excort Zx2
STS Auto-X leader........ hahahaha, maybe one day i'll be good enough to beat someone.... anyone!?!?!
Kelway

Post by Kelway »

That's great. My fav:"- You walk proper lines through the grocery store."
:oops: but true :lol: .

Add one more: - You've ever bought a whole car, knowing that it would never be driven, by anyone, ever again. AKA: Parts Car.
1992 NX2000 - Under Repair as we speak....

TedV

Post by TedV »

dfoulk wrote:The best way to break a breaker bar is to put the cheater pipe on and then stand on it out near the end and bounce up and down while holding onto the side of the car while a helper is applying the brakes. Something always breaks when using this technique.
Ummmm, the standing on a cheater bar while a friend holds the brakes is the way you put ON an axle nut to keep a road race VW from destroying the front bearing, hub, brake rotor, rim, and if you are lucky, the car wont roll when it all comes apart in the corner :shock:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's