AGT Roebling Road - End Of The Road

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
scaryterry85

AGT Roebling Road - End Of The Road

Post by scaryterry85 »

Well it was the same committed teams that showed for round six - with the addition of Greg Simon in the Derhaag Corvette and Jeff Emery in his Monte Carlo....absent were series regulars Kenny and Jordan Bupp as they are busy prepping their cars for the Run-Offs (we missed you guys - good luck in Topeka)....it was another great display of driving talent by the entire field as practice times were close and all the drivers worked hard on getting ready for the weekend of racing action - special thanks goes out to the Buccaneer Region, Fred Clark, Mike Walters, Sandy Jackson and all of the SCCA staff, corner workers and safety crew as well as Kay and Richard and their friendly track staff for hosting a spectacular weekend event.

I want to extend my best wishes to Jerry Lustig and hope to see you at the track real soon, rest assured Chuck is doing a great job with the car and though Kris had prior commitments, the shoe you hired to drive the Luna Seuno Corvette – Jim Goughary did one heck of a job posting fastest race lap time in just his first outing in the car. Fast out of the box was the championship team of the Lluch’s from Puerto Rico in the Don Q and Coors Light Corvettes….guys had some great runs on just their first time ever at Roebling and as always performed so well as a team even in the face of multiple bodypart and mechanical component repairs, changes and off road excursions. Heck of a race guys and as always a pleasure to share track and off track time with you – you are a class act all the way. Jon Levy worked tirelessly finding the right set up under his Murrayauto.com Camaro and ran one hell of a race – congrats man. The big surprise was the late entry of Jeff Emery, having raced all too long with Jeff I know what kind of competitor he is and he has no shortage of driving talent which he displayed for all to see with his back to back heat race wins taking top honors at this event. Jeff’s critics will soon be silenced as the news of his car being “huffedâ€