240sxTurbo

Rabbit - GTi-R.....talk about sleeper

Post by 240sxTurbo »

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... o=&fpart=1

This is a pretty evil swap idea IMO.

:twisted:
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I have to admire the thought of doing something like this but it looks like it will have monster torque steer and possibly be a CV joint killer. Look at how short the axle is on the driver side. :shock:

I think I would try the 1.8T instead. Some models weren't drive by wire, Audis, I think. They also bolt in. If I had the time and money the race car would have this swap for street mod. Hmmm, more than twice the horsepower of the current engine with the same handling. :twisted:

Tiger hunting, anyone? :mrgreen:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
240sxTurbo

Post by 240sxTurbo »

MARKP wrote:I have to admire the thought of doing something like this but it looks like it will have monster torque steer and possibly be a CV joint killer. Look at how short the axle is on the driver side. :shock:

I think I would try the 1.8T instead. Some models weren't drive by wire, Audis, I think. They also bolt in. If I had the time and money the race car would have this swap for street mod. Hmmm, more than twice the horsepower of the current engine with the same handling. :twisted:

Tiger hunting, anyone? :mrgreen:
I'll admit as much as the next guy that stuff like this really unique. I also think the 1.8L would be better choice and the torque steer issue you are correct, my buddies FE3 powered probe is that way and its a handful with 430FWHP.

Its ashame to be all grown up and have responsibilities otherwise I'd do some crazy swap to a 240sx.....but at least I have my miata(for now)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I'd like to get a nice Audi 2.8t quattro driveline and shove it in the scirocco! :twisted:
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

the 1.8T is gonna make all the power you need for a car like that. stock turbo guys (or direct swapped turbos from other VAG cars) are making up to 230whp/275wtq on stock internals, no nitrous. most of the guys who are doing custom t3/t04e turbo setups are fliriting with 400whp, and that's with very limited choices for engine management. its only gonna get better.

like most all other vw guys these days, i also dream of an A1 with a throttle cable 1.8T swap.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

As cool as that would be to drive, I still have to say "I can't believe They's desecrate a VW like that."
I sound like a real hill billy rebel flag wavin redneck when I say the german parts should stay in the german cars, and the japanese parts should stay in the japanese cars!

YEEEHHHHAAAAA!!!
(Just kidding)
looks cool, but I'd go the 1.8t route
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible