2004 GCR and other rule books(attn road racers)

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
whenry

2004 GCR and other rule books(attn road racers)

Post by whenry »

We will be making the 2004 rule book and supply order right after the first meeting of the season. Let me know if you want a book since we only keep a minimum number of GCR's in inventory. I also have a supply of "official" stickers.
Solo II guys, we will be making a large order for inventory of books due to the requirement that if you want annual tech, the book will also be your log book. However let me know if you have any special requests.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

So we are doing the annual tech this year? (soloII)

I guess I will need a book then.

edit: just a general question.

I got a free membership last year since I bought the WRX...I am assuming that somthing will arrive in the mail when it is about to expire?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

One for me.

Scott
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Yes, Chris, you will get a renewal notice in the mail.
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

what is "annual tech" :?:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

At the discretion of the Tech Chief, a car may be tech'd once for the year, have a sticker placed in the driver's rule book, and said rule book will be presented to the tech crew for a car sticker at each event. This is new for 2004. It is intended to speed things up in the morning. Not all cars/drivers will be elligible, but those known to the tech crew as being very responsible and who have solid cars will certainly be considered. The point is that it is a waste of time to tech cars owned by people such as Pilson, Brown, Disney, and others who are very safety consious and know their cars very well. The procedure does require a complete self inspection.

I think the following is the latest version of the application form which actually should be placed on our web site: (Disney, I can e-mail you the Word doc it you don't have it, since the copy below lost its formatting)

ETR Annual Tech Inspection Application

Name (printed):______________________________ Date: _________

SCCA Membership Number: _______________________________

Car: Make: ________________ Model: _______________Year:_______

I am a member of ETR SCCA and am applying for an Annual Tech Inspection Certification and agree to the following:

1. I have read section 3 of the SCCA rules in its entirety and agree to comply completely.
2. I have participated in 10 Solo II events sanctioned by ETR in the past 24 months.
3. I will perform a self inspection prior to each event paying particular attention to:
a. Tires (no cord showing)
b. Wheel bearings, shocks, steering, and suspension in good operating condition
c. Seat belts
d. Brakes (firm pedal with no detectable drop with car not running and proper level of fluid in reservoir)
e. All loose items removed
f. Hub caps and wheel rings removed
g. All lugs present and tight
h. Throttle return action safe and positive
i. No excessive fluid leaks
4. I understand that my car is subject to random checks by any of the tech crew at any event.
5. I understand that the Tech Crew Chief can revoke the annual tech certification at his/her discretion.
6. I will not voice objection or protest in the event of a re-inspection or revocation of the annual certificate.
7. I will submit the car for re-inspection after any modification.
8. I will submit my SCCA rule book with attached Annual Certification to a Tech worker at each event to obtain an event tech sticker which will be attached to the car by the tech worker.
9. In the event that the car has not run an ETR SCCA event in the past 90 days, I will submit my car for re-inspection. The annual certification will then be re-instated.

Signatures:

Applicant:____________________________ Inspector: _________________________
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

scottgib wrote: The point is that it is a waste of time to tech cars owned by people such as Pilson, Brown, Disney, and others who are very safety consious and know their cars very well.

I think I fall into this category, put me down for a book.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
DickCDawg

GCR & Solo II rule books

Post by DickCDawg »

Wayne,
I ordered my GCR from Bear Promotions Monday so I won't need one on the club order - they're now saying they hope to have them available right after the 1st. I suggest we start with 30 Solo II rule books.

Happy Holidays,
Dick Hancock
whenry

Post by whenry »

I was hoping to have my Steward version before we left for fla but since we are leaving at 7am on the 26th, it doesnt look like that is gonna happen. Happy Holidays too and see y'all at the Jan meeting.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

Thanks, Scott, for answering the question about annual tech. I was planning to e-mail Dave a copy of the annual tech form to post on the web site and will do so today.

If you qualify and want to get your car annual teched please post a reply so I can get an idea of how many are interested. This tech can be done at the first event but if enough of you want to do it, it will be a good idea to have a tech session prior to the day of the first event. This will keep the tech inspectors from being overwhelmed at the first event. Besides, it is a good excuse for a social event.

When your car is presented for annual tech, it needs to be presented in the condition in which it will compete, including numbers, class designation, wheels, and tires. For those who change wheels and tires at events, I would be comfortable inspecting those wheels and tires without making you bolt them on first. This would make attending a tech session a little less inconvenient for you.
tscott

Post by tscott »

I am with Dewey. I vote for a tech session. Maybe we could do it at a public park like Concord and have a BBQ or something.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I vote for a weeknight, except on tuesdays (work for sure)
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'd like to apply for an annual tech sticker.

I guess we'll have to wait for the rulebooks to arrive before we can do it? (The stickers are going in the rulebooks, right?)

If we do it at night, won't that be a pain for the inspectors?

Should we do it soon, or wait until a few weeks before the first event?
- Dave Disney
tscott

Post by tscott »

I think since a lot of people are working on their cars we should put it off until late feb early march.
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

tscott wrote:I think since a lot of people are working on their cars we should put it off until late feb early march.

I concur :wink: and I would like to apply for an annual tech sticker.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.