GT3..... Practice Time is NOW

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MichaelXi

GT3..... Practice Time is NOW

Post by MichaelXi »

With the Holidays over, it's time those who enjoy GT3 as an Off-Season Trainer get together over here at MY place for a nice GT3 G2G.
I'll take on ANYONE, in ANY comparable class car or less.
I may get beaten, and I know this sounds bold, but I'm challenging "All'Y'All" (Southern Speak :wink: ) to come play with me and have a fun day of racing.
As in the Auto-X Season, Sundays are Clear, but Saturday Evenings might do as well if you have a preference.
If you're interested, pick a few favorite cars of varying levels, get them set up, Practice, and come play.
I have my one PS2 and TV. We can alternate for time, (My Preference), Split-Screen, Or Multiple TV if you have the cabling and want to bring another PS2. (If we do that, so we can go Head to Head Full Screen, I can use Headphones and the 2nd TV should only carry the sound of the car playing on it... right??)
The one time I've done split-screen, the opposing car sounds were Crazy Distracting.
Whatever we do, it's Time to DO IT!!!
Please post Day Preferences.
I'd like to do this in the next week or so, and spend 4-6 hours playing and hanging out.
Later,
Michael
:D
Focus on FASTER!!!!
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

BTW, I have the Wheel/Pedals and std. controller.
If you can't bring your Stuff, that's OK.
If I don't own it, we'll buy it. (I have about 65 Mil in the bank :wink: )
If you want, write down your settings and bring it.
Most of my 140+ cars are ready to race as-is, but if you want to race something that I haven't tweaked, we'll take it to the "Garage" and Max it Out. 8)
Time to have some GT3 Fun and Comraderie.
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
OneFastZx2

Post by OneFastZx2 »

GT3?? man you obviously have not played NFS Underground, it may look and sound ricer but its the realest game ive played yet! we've been at it non-stop for about a week and almost have it 100% solved. traffic sux!
98 Ford Excort Zx2
STS Auto-X leader........ hahahaha, maybe one day i'll be good enough to beat someone.... anyone!?!?!
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

Im up for it.........i just need to get my car tuned up a bit more.....then ill be able to put a whoopin up on anyone! lol :lol: :lol:

any day after like 6-7 is good for me on the weekends and i start my classes on the 15th so my nights then cept for friday are taken..
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

I'm game. I'll bring the mem card, ps2, controllers, liquor, whatever is needed.

I preferr swapping for times as well, splitscreen engine sound is as you say, unsettling. Not to mention the collision physics being sub-standard in the game, makes bumping very unrealistic.

As for the cable-ing between two ps2's. I was under the impression that you couldn't use cars in your garage in link mode... Please prove me wrong, it would make my day.

I'm always open for some GT3, but:

Tuesday
Thursday
Noon+Friday
Saturday
Sunday

...all good if planned a bit before.

--BillyM

As far as NFS:Underground, I give it two fat thumbs down. I played NFS:Porsche Unleashed up down and inside out, built a computer system, custom seat, and wheel/pedal setup for exactly that game. I LOVED THAT GAME!

In my opinion, if you can jump in the highest-level car and drive it controlably near the limit (as you can in NFS), its obviously got some driver-help systems included. Next time you are playing, give the controller a little flick towards a wall... It will repell you from about 5' away unless you really hold it down the wrong direction. Also, the weight transfer from left to right doesn't have enough realism, nor does the move from accel to decel. Also, there is not much effect difference between full load and lesser or neutral load in a FWD car, understeer is greatly reduced from a realistic aspect.

Imo, I class the realism of NFS Underground right with the acting in F&TF. Flashy, but really... crap. NFS has gone way down ever since the second Hot persuit.

Keep in mind, all in my opinion.
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

MP5_57 wrote:Im up for it.........i just need to get my car tuned up a bit more.....then ill be able to put a whoopin up on anyone! lol :lol: :lol:

any day after like 6-7 is good for me on the weekends and i start my classes on the 15th so my nights then cept for friday are taken..
What car are you Tuning?
As I mentioned, if I own the car, (Likely I do... :wink: ), You can use mine, and we'll buy all mods available if you want. Just write down what settings you're happy with, and we can tweak from there.

Billy,
Sounds like the beginnings of a plan. :twisted:
I'm thinking a Sunday is most open for most people.
Tentatively Jan 11th??
BTW, I'm not sure about the linking, as I've never done it.
We CAN always swap for time though, and have a blast either way.
My favorite for that sort of thing is picking an appropriate-level 3 lapper from the Amateur Level so you can just run full soft tires, get one warmup lap off the start, and two flying laps for time.
8)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

OneFastZx2 wrote:GT3?? man you obviously have not played NFS Underground, it may look and sound ricer but its the realest game ive played yet! we've been at it non-stop for about a week and almost have it 100% solved. traffic sux!
Well, I'm not about "Solving" anything when I want to RACE, and, aside from "Damage", I REALLY like the realistic physics of GT3.
8)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

Michael....im tuning the mustang cobra r .......ive got it pretty much where i want it.....but it gets tail happy......lol........plus ive been messing with the gear ratios......it is fast up top .......but not good enough for the curvy sections.....will not accellerate at all out of the turns.....handling is supurb!!
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

Dont spend too much time fiddling with the gearing. Imo, just change the final drive per each track. Set it as low as you can without running out of gear. Otherwise you will lose alot of time every time you switch tracks.

Fidle more with front/rear springrates, camber, and heights to tune out tail-happy-ness.

--BillyM

*edit*
Sunday sounds good.
*/edit*
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Thought I'd remind you guys that I have a LogiTech driving force wheel and pedal for sale for $30 if anyone would like to take it off my hands. I'm getting some cash together for the new one.

Mine are in excellent condition.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

i hear Tyler has a wheel too... :roll:
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
tscott

Post by tscott »

vwbud wrote:i hear Tyler has a wheel too... :roll:
Yeah. Now I just need to learn to drive with it!
Tyler Scott
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

tscott wrote:
vwbud wrote:i hear Tyler has a wheel too... :roll:
Yeah. Now I just need to learn to drive with it!
Come on over on Sunday and Practice/Play!!!!!
Chris??!!!??
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

man, I gotta work. :(

sorry
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

thrdeye wrote:man, I gotta work. :(