Rally Cross

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Chattanooga's current site qualifies as unused cow pasture. I heard a rumor that at one of their events this past summer they had weeds taller than the cars. They had mowed it by the time I got there in the fall.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

racing on gravel would be soooo much fun, i think i'd have to take the 72 monte carlo out :twisted:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CMS-GT4

Post by CMS-GT4 »

not cbring wrote:racing on gravel would be soooo much fun, i think i'd have to take the 72 monte carlo out :twisted:
Not sure if I want to take my stock wheels and tires on gravel. Not sure how they will hold up, since this is also what I use for auto x. Maybe if we can make this a regular enough event I would invest in another set of wheels and tires just for a rallyx.
Coldiron (Cold - Iron)
92' Celica alltrac: in final stages of rebuild
03' Z: Grocery Gitter
tscott

Post by tscott »

MARKP wrote:Chattanooga's current site qualifies as unused cow pasture. I heard a rumor that at one of their events this past summer they had weeds taller than the cars. They had mowed it by the time I got there in the fall.
Yes they were. They had to mow the course out of the 8-10' tall weeds. Those mowed down weeds mixed with mud makes some nice adobe that is nearly impossible to clean out of the car.
Tyler Scott
steverife

Post by steverife »

CMS-GT4 wrote:
not cbring wrote:racing on gravel would be soooo much fun, i think i'd have to take the 72 monte carlo out :twisted:
Not sure if I want to take my stock wheels and tires on gravel. Not sure how they will hold up, since this is also what I use for auto x. Maybe if we can make this a regular enough event I would invest in another set of wheels and tires just for a rallyx.
heh. i wouldn't be too worried about my mix and match tires on 25 year old cragars :lol: ..................... bah, nuff talk of that, i'm already borrowing against my sell monte carlo funds
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

I have used my Kumho 712s in gravel down in Savannah TN.....they have these old country roads where the river used to flow. I practice my gravel driving down there.........it has very large gravel.......and it didnt do too much damage to the Kumhos......and that was under agressive driving and e-brake hairpin slides!!!

J