Rally Cross

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MP5_57

Rally Cross

Post by MP5_57 »

Is there going to be any rally crosses nearby. I really would like to goto a few this year... If none nearby is there anyway ETRSCCA can organize one. I would be willing to help out in any way if we could have one.

Thanks
tscott

Post by tscott »

The Chattanooga region is having one. I highly rec'd that you do not drive any car that you care about though. It is VERY hard on the car.
Tyler Scott
whenry

Post by whenry »

I dont think that ETR would be opposed to such an event but there has not been a sense of enthusiasm for such events. I have taken the same position with basic club rallies. In other words, if you want to do a rally cross, find me a location(probably pretty easy) and an organizer for the event and it will happen. It's tough to divert our resources from what the bulk of the club wants to do(autocross) to go into other areas.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
tscott

Post by tscott »

I would be happy to organize the event, but like you said Wayne, a site is definitely the limiting component here. The folks from Chatty would be more than willing to come help us run this event.
Tyler Scott
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

tscott wrote:I would be happy to organize the event, but like you said Wayne, a site is definitely the limiting component here. The folks from Chatty would be more than willing to come help us run this event.
Seems like I remember hearing that someone here had a family member with land in Greenville that would be suitable.

Assuming I don't have prior commitments, I would be happy to help with the event. These things are a lot of fun but I don't have anything I can drive. :(
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

I believe they could supply you with a ride :mrgreen:

http://www.hertz.com/servlet/LoginServlet?defPos=us
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ConeJunkie wrote:I believe they could supply you with a ride :mrgreen:

http://www.hertz.com/servlet/LoginServlet?defPos=us
VERY NICE! :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
TedV

Post by TedV »

Hey Mark, I have my 84 Rabbit 16V still together. Insurance totaled it for me, but it would be fine for beating on in the dirt. The open diff in the FF wide ratio trans sucks, as long as we don't explode the motor :twisted:
I would prefer to trailer it(I know how we would drive it muah ha ha ha haaaa), and it would need some decent tires (14 inch to fit over the brakes, remember) eventualy some parts will be used in the 16V Scirocco, but you know how that snail is comming along

just something to think about
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

My family has a farm in Jefferson County that would probably be suitable. I have been intending to get some pictures of the site, but the weather has failed to cooperate with my days off. I'll post some when I get them. 10-15 acres fairly smooth nothing that would really hurt a car.
Jeff Miller
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TedV wrote:Hey Mark, I have my 84 Rabbit 16V still together. Insurance totaled it for me, but it would be fine for beating on in the dirt. The open diff in the FF wide ratio trans sucks, as long as we don't explode the motor :twisted:
I would prefer to trailer it(I know how we would drive it muah ha ha ha haaaa), and it would need some decent tires (14 inch to fit over the brakes, remember) eventualy some parts will be used in the 16V Scirocco, but you know how that snail is comming along

just something to think about
:shock: Yeah Baby! I'm all over that! Actually they have a street tire class so what you have on the car would be fine. :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
CMS-GT4

Post by CMS-GT4 »

I would be interested in an dirt event or something where we could use street tires. It would be nice if we just had an open dirt field that we could mark off like our auto x's with maybe a jump or two.
Coldiron (Cold - Iron)
92' Celica alltrac: in final stages of rebuild
03' Z: Grocery Gitter
whenry

Post by whenry »

The rules for rally cross(es) are rather specific and jumps are not part of the rules. SCCA has this thing for preventing cars from leaving all fours in their events. As I stated earlier, if there is interest(and it appears that there is) and a place to hold the event, it can happen.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
beemrx

Post by beemrx »

we are new to the scca. we drive a 325ix. and we would love to participate in a rallycross. pl :P ease let us know when and where. :lol:
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

There seems to be a bit of interest.....I think we really need to organize a rally cross event. I will begin searching for possible locations when im out on the back roads.....I will look for farms etc.........
whenry

Post by whenry »

I need to get a set of the rules and follow up on this type of event. I've always thought that gravel lots and construction sites had the most potential but the right cow field might work too.
I'll talk with the Chatt folk and see what they've been able to do.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner