Need Help Sourcing a Hose

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Need Help Sourcing a Hose

Post by disneyd »

You guys won't recognize the Locost... I'm actually going to run with the hood on the car this year.

I've just finished the adapter that bolts to the throttle body and Tyler has found me a piece of 3" stainless intercooler pipe... now all I need is an adapter to connect the two.

Basically, I need a 3" ID (inner diameter) silicone or rubber connector that is flexible.

I've found 90 and 45 (135 actually) degree adapters at Baker Precision:

http://www.bakerprecision.com/purosil2.htm
http://www.bakerprecision.com/purosil2.htm

but what I need falls between the two ranges. I might be able to make the 45 (135) work if it will flex a bit.

I've looked at the ducting that Pegasus Racing sells, but it looks like that stuff is made to work with brake ducting and other air delivery that doesn't require a solid seal. They just have a spiral wire running through them and you'd never get a good seal. I need something that can be put on with a hose clamp and will create a good seal... don't want any dirt getting into my engine.

So, anyone know of a place I can find a 3" ID flexible connector (kinda looks like one of those flexy drinking straws).

Thanks
- Dave Disney
mpgk3

Post by mpgk3 »

Sent you an email for interlocking metal hose. May not be what you are looking for, but McMaster should have something that will work.

Mike
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Have you checked with any of the local hose shops like Royal Brass and Hose? How about some of the big truck shops like Truck Pro.
Jeff Miller
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

No, I'll check with them. Thanks

The metal host listed above looks interesting, but it has a 9.5" minimum bend radius and is not air tight (it would probably let small particles in).

I may try going to Advance and Truck Pro and see if they have any radiator hoses w/bends that are 3" ID. Thats pretty big for a rad hose, but you never know what they might have.

Thanks
- Dave Disney
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

tnturbo wrote:Have you checked with any of the local hose shops like Royal Brass and Hose? How about some of the big truck shops like Truck Pro.
I'll second Royal Brass and hose. They tend to have some oddball stuff although they can be a pain to deal with at times. You might try Knoxville Rubber and Gasket while you are on Middlebrook. They are less likely to have it but they are almost across the street from Royal.
Last edited by MARKP on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

Truck Pro and maybe City Diesel or Acme Diesel may have exactly what you are looking for. Most of the diesel trucks (big trucks here not pickups) cruising the interstates are intercooled and use the type of hose it sounds like you are looking for. these places also stock things like band type exhaust clamps and the fancy hose clamps etc.
Jeff Miller
John Brown

BrownHOSES

Post by John Brown »

Dave,I dont know if its what your looking for,but our ppowerstrokes use a 3 in. flex silicone hose.I use them on the MR2 in several places.Flexable and about 6-7 in long.Let me know.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

That sounds like what I need! Do you have any in stock (I could run out during lunch and take a look)?

Thanks
- Dave Disney