Best shops for services (Alignment, Tire Mounting, etc.)

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
jaltobelli

Re: Best shops for services (Alignment, Tire Mounting, etc.)

Post by jaltobelli »

in Alcoa? That's the only one I can find on the interweb..
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

jaltobelli wrote:in Alcoa? That's the only one I can find on the interweb..
That's the one I know of. Right off Alcoa highwya behind a restaurant/gas station.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

If you are looking for someone to mount tires and you can drop them off. I would be more than glad to start doing this at my office. I have done this for years for Shawn, Mark Pilson, JY, Linda, ect... (If you have stock mini wheels please don't drop them off because I cannot do those just ask Curt) I do them at a fair price but just can't stop what I am doing to mount them but I can do them at night and have them ready the next day!

I do this just for some extra money on the side plus I have a grea Coats unit here at my office.

Thanks,
RC
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

Got an alignment this afternoon at the Maryville Firestone off Calderwood. They had no problems with me wanting to use my own specs or hanging out in the bay. The tech goes by Doug, would definitely recommend!
Jed Peterson
jaboyd

Post by jaboyd »

I've had very good luck at European Auto Garage. They have a great Hunter machine and do great work as well as 4-wheel setups. Good place for tire change outs/balancing...road force balance.

Where do you go for corner balancing in the area?
stevo22

Post by stevo22 »

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get differential work done? I am planning on changing out the final drive in the differential?
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

stevo22 wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get differential work done? I am planning on changing out the final drive in the differential?
I had good luck at Steve's in Morristown. The number I have is (423)586-3522

http://www.yellowpages.com/morristown-t ... 7AoduXoAkQ
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

you can take autoxtend off there - my inquiry: "Can you guys align the car to my specifications? I use it for racing" autoxtend response: "oh, no we don't do that sort of thing, but thanks for calling!" - ...have fun getting drilled out of business by Halls Service Center. Never was impressed with that place, hell even their front desk lady quit and moved to Halls Service Center - I joked with her about being a traitor when I took my tires to get mounted at HSS.

Also - eurotech isn't just 'expensive' - it's insane, $150 for a friggin alignment expensive.. and their tech seemed puzzled by camber plates - I had to show them how they worked, and he had the gall to ask me if I wanted him to put it back on the rack and adjust it...
...Nah, I paid $150 for you to straighten my toe out, you halfwit. I figured they would do a better job, and its the only place I felt I could get a trailer in and out of easily.

Long story short - anyone have experience doing alignments with the toe & camber equipment from Longacre? I've had enough of these shenanigans trying to get these flunkies to give me 4 simple adjustments, and my car is impound-territory non-road-legal, so I have to tow it for alignments.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
jaboyd

Post by jaboyd »

ke0ki2k wrote:Also, you can take autoxtend off there - "Can you guys align the car to my specifications? I use it for racing" response: "oh, no we don't do that sort of thing, but thanks for calling!" - ...have fun getting drilled out of business by Halls Service Center.

Also - eurotech isn't just 'expensive' - it's insane, $150 for a friggin alignment expensive.. and their tech seemed puzzled by camber plates - I had to show them how they worked, and he had the gall to ask me if I wanted him to put it back on the rack and adjust it...
...Nah, I paid $150 for you to straighten my toe out, you halfwit.

Long story short - anyone have experience doing alignments with the toe & camber equipment from Longacre? I've had enough of these shenanigans trying to get these flunkies to give me 4 simple adjustments, and my car is impound-territory non-road-legal, so I have to tow it for alignments.
EAG will do a good job on a coil over setup/alignment. Ask for Paul, cost $90 for alignment using latest Hunter equipment.
steverife

Post by steverife »

Aaron and I have done spot checks with borrowed plates and camber dials a few times. I'm terrible at understanding how things work and I found it pretty straight forward to use. The primary issue with plates is that you are only going to get total toe.

One of these days, I'd like to learn to string a car.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jaboyd

Post by jaboyd »

steverife wrote:Aaron and I have done spot checks with borrowed plates and camber dials a few times. I'm terrible at understanding how things work and I found it pretty straight forward to use. The primary issue with plates is that you are only going to get total toe.

Robert Berry at EuroHaus (not Eurotech) does string setups and would be willing to do it and explain it to you.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

steverife wrote:Aaron and I have done spot checks with borrowed plates and camber dials a few times. I'm terrible at understanding how things work and I found it pretty straight forward to use. The primary issue with plates is that you are only going to get total toe.

... and what are you looking for?

String set up for the Mazda for years works great.. and when compared to lazer.. amazing how close it is.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

It was and would be fine for our purposes, but might not be for James, since the car was bent up at one point.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TwinCam86

Post by TwinCam86 »

I'm new to the forum but have an 87 Corolla that I am needing some things done to. Already have the parts but need them put on and sorted out. Also need someone to roll the fenders for tire clearance. Here's the car:

I need front coilovers and camber plates inatalled, rear shocks and springs installed and a panhard bar setup.

Then I'll need a bit of fender massaging to get my tires to fully clear with no rubbing. Anyone have any recommendations? I wanted to use EAG but in a phone conversation that said they wouldn't be able to do the work on a Toyota (guess they prefer only European cars) although they were very friendly.

Need some ideas guys. I've heard that Deftmotion in Murfreesboro might be an option?

Thanks
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

You should definitely do the coilovers yourself. The install itself is easy, it's the setup that takes work and time.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3