Z-MAX~~~~~~~

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
NEVRLIFTLIN

Z-MAX~~~~~~~

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Finally back from Charolette.......without the Miata :( She is on her way back as I'm posting this.

All I can say about ZMAX~~~~~ WOW! What a lot! Its humongous!!!!! The only tricky part is the sealed portion of the lot where the finish was Saturday......had to treat it like water......but for the most part the event was great! 4-5 clubs came together to put the event on and did a great job!

I got to drive with "Kojack" from Asheville......really nice guy! He has a '94 Miata with power sterring! Ran in STR......I did ok....no cone carnage or dnf"S :lol: I just couldn't get my timing down for the slaloms. AND I was not dfl! :shock:

All I can say if there is a chance to go.........Do so! You won't be disappointed! :rockon: The drive is about 4 hours~~~~lots of places to stay with a 2-3 mile radius from the lot. Lots of places to eat/drink also! ~~~~snicker~~~~ cant forget about the beer...... :pirate:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
Pewter Sonoma

Re: Z-MAX~~~~~~~

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

I've been wanting to drag race the camaro there...only 1/4 mile track in the country with 4 lanes of racing!
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:I've been wanting to drag race the camaro there...only 1/4 mile track in the country with 4 lanes of racing!
Just how wide is that Camaro? You need more than one lane? :wink:
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:Finally back from Charolette.......without the Miata :( She is on her way back as I'm posting this.

All I can say about ZMAX~~~~~ WOW! What a lot! Its humongous!!!!! The only tricky part is the sealed portion of the lot where the finish was Saturday......had to treat it like water......but for the most part the event was great! 4-5 clubs came together to put the event on and did a great job!

I got to drive with "Kojack" from Asheville......really nice guy! He has a '94 Miata with power sterring! Ran in STR......I did ok....no cone carnage or dnf"S :lol: I just couldn't get my timing down for the slaloms. AND I was not dfl! :shock:

All I can say if there is a chance to go.........Do so! You won't be disappointed! :rockon: The drive is about 4 hours~~~~lots of places to stay with a 2-3 mile radius from the lot. Lots of places to eat/drink also! ~~~~snicker~~~~ cant forget about the beer...... :pirate:

B......... S........... :evil:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

The course was one mile long and very fast. I have not been on very many coures other than ours here,but this was a very fun and fast. they have a cup competition between clubs and I think etr has 10 drivers that can bring the cup to our region. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
integra55

Post by integra55 »

It's called the NORTH CAROLINA AUTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP for a reason :lol: :lol: :lol:

there are other clubs that would like to try to spirit the trophy to some other state ( STR comes to mind)

slipping around the rules to some small degree, some of the "more elite" drivers from other clubs/regions "hire" themselves out to different clubs to help secure the trophy... but to do so you got to convince the organizers that you actually belong to that club

then again other extremely fast drivers just come and beat the hell out of the local competition and skew the results to hell and back :lol: :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

oh..you mean like the "World Series" ??? lol
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C