N2O

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Don Ramsay

N2O

Post by Don Ramsay »

We have ordered our N2O pumping set up and 300 lbs. of gas.
We are going to do our best to keep it on hand all the times.
It may take a little of time to figure how much we'll need to keep, but we'll do our very best to all ways have it.
Looks like we will be up and pumping by the end of next week.
So check with me. 777-DYNO
Thanks!
Don Ramsay
Air Cooled Classics / Speed Sport Engineering

Racer brakem we fixem they win withem!
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Too bad it's Auto-X Illegal....
:oops:
BTW, are there ETRSCCA Discounts for Dyno Time?
Maybe a "Group Rate" for a Dyno/Tune Day???
:?:
Focus on FASTER!!!!
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

Group rates interest me, in a few months.

--BillyM
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

I dont think its ILLEGAL.......i mean, it doesnt say you CANT run with if, does it? :idea:
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I don't have my rulebook here, but I'm pretty sure the valve on the bottle has to be closed and all hoses attached to the bottle must be disconnected. You may even have to remove the bottle from the car, I'm not sure. If the bottle is left in, it would have to pass tech on the "no loose items" point (would have to be very securely mounted).
- Dave Disney
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

Unless they changed the words in the past few years, I am almost positive they say that nos is not allowed.
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

IMHO, N2O is not allowed for SoloII. It is a modification and if the rules don't say you can, then you can't. I couldn't find it mentioned at all.

As for the bottle and tech -- Others may have a more definitive answer. Without any other information to the contrary I as a tech instpector would require that it be disconnected due to the above, and if it is pressurized, then at a minimum it would have to have a protective structure around the guage and valves. It may be easier just to remove it.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Don Ramsay

Post by Don Ramsay »

N2O is not allowed in any SCCA events.
Don Ramsay
Air Cooled Classics / Speed Sport Engineering

Racer brakem we fixem they win withem!
yellowspecv

N2o Reply

Post by yellowspecv »

:arrow: I use to Drive the Honda Prelude se/si in STS... I had Nitrous on the car before I could Tech, thats all I had to do was take the bottle out the solenoids and the lines can be kept in the car. And there is not sence on making the system active because if you have a wet system that uses both gasoline and nitrous oxide thru the intak if you hit the system and just allowed more fuel there would stilln not be any advantage in fact its a loss more fuel less air = running rich.... less power. Anyway I had to get a new car due to an misfortunate old person hitting me... but good thing out of a bad i now am a proud owner of an 03 spec v.... I just hope cliff doesnt get upset but i love this car and his car.... Sorry cliff see you next year in STX... please be easy on me, cause i want to learn from you.
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

I think I remember reading that in the gcr rules...but honestly, how many of us ONLY autocross? How many people run the straights as well as the twisties?
that's where the spray is the way!
there and maybe at a traffic light or two!
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
OneFastZx2

Post by OneFastZx2 »

Just my .02 , When i came to ETR last season the tech guys made me remove the bottle from my car to run, needless to say i was a lil unhappy as my car is a lil doggy from the line. But its all good i didnt do to badly. Also i am on the verge of selling the nitrous kit if anyone is interested, i have a turbo kit partialy built and the money from the NOS would finish it so i could boost myself right into a higher class and get my butt whooped. lol let me know onefastzx2@aol.com
98 Ford Excort Zx2
STS Auto-X leader........ hahahaha, maybe one day i'll be good enough to beat someone.... anyone!?!?!
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

How much do you guys charge for a dyno over there, anyway? (non-group rate).

PS: Sent you a PM.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Incase anybody wants to know. Here you go.http://www.etrscca.org/sccaforum/viewto ... 586ffbcdb5