ETR School Wrap Up

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
EliseAutoXr

ETR School Wrap Up

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Thanks to everone who worked hard to put the school on, it was awesome! Instructors were great and very helpful (special thanks to Mark for spending so much time with me). I believe I had a good second gain from morning to evening utilizing everyone's great tips. Lots of things to remember for tomorrows event.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
oldmuscle69

Re: ETR School Wrap Up

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Yes was a good thing,I have started to learn rear wheel drive in a good way. I chomped the bit and did run the civic,but could have made a lap or two. Most control on pure street tires I've ever had. Special thanks to John for the co drive. I'll see ya in the AM at WS.
Bob Colbert
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Hope everyone had a good time. I saw some good progress on all the students I was watching. Big thanks to mark, curt, Chris, John, and Jason. This wouldn't have been possible without their expert input. We are lucky to have a region full of great drivers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

I had a blast......thanks for doingthis....and thank you fo lowering your standards to allow me in.
SSM 96/196
safetyfast

Post by safetyfast »

It was great. I'm still slow, but much less so. I hate that I have obligations on Sunday that will prevent me from putting the instruction to work.
Greg B
2011 Mustang GT Convertible
1973 MGB
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

Wow! What a great school. Having completed the EVO school a few months ago at Walter State I was not sure what I was going to get at "only" a regional school. Boy was I schooled. It was a blast. I hoped to learn a bit and get feedback on the cars current setup. I got that in spades! I feel like what I learned today from both Jason and John has really put me on track to squeeze a little more out of my car. (btw...how in the heck did Jason squeeze a 33.2 out of street tire car???)
GT350
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Iv done several of these Reg schools..but this one was by far the most fun! I got to drive cars that Iv never driven before...thanks Eric and Berry!! :rockon:

I saw all my students make a lot of progress... ones fun was cut short due to a failed water pump... :( and he had very high hopes and a will to do good today... I hate when that happens...

I hope to see a lot of the class tomorrow and put this to use tomorrow... nothing makes as big a change as seat time...!
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Had a great time at the school today! Massive thanks to everyone that worked to make this happen! :D

Learned a good bit about how I should be thinking about the course while walking it and some modifications to my driving style (mostly that whole diving in thing... :oops: ). Hoping I can apply at least some of it tomorrow. :eating: :fight:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
John_Kernodle

Post by John_Kernodle »

Thanks to everyone for a great day. I still suck but it was great fun. Looking forward to tomorrow.
John P. Kernodle
2010 MX-5 Miata
http://jpkernodle.zenfolio.com/
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

Thanks to everyone, especially John. I was just getting going when my "Abby", blew the waterpump front seal, but dissapointment is part of every sport. Enjoyed long talks w/ Jessie and lots of other new friends. I will see you all at #6!

If Johns free maybe he can ride with me as I try to be more violent!! Aggggg!
Rally Boss
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

looking forward to next year!
Last edited by SeanDrives4Fun on Wed May 23, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rally Boss
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Unfortunately we are going to need you to remove your videos from YouTube. They are fine for personal use, but at this site we cannot have any photography or video posted anywhere as per our contract.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
Fuelrush

Post by Fuelrush »

I had a great time and learned a lot (again). Thanks to everyone for putting this together.
Justin Dougherty
2006 Lotus Exige
2002 Honda S2000 #15 STR (Sold but not forgotten)
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

I didn't get any faster and allergy's were kicking my ass, but I still had quality seat time with good advice. :D
And it's just fun to do.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

John Brown wrote:Iv done several of these Reg schools..but this one was by far the most fun! I got to drive cars that Iv never driven before...thanks Eric and Berry!! :rockon:

I saw all my students make a lot of progress... ones fun was cut short due to a failed water pump... :( and he had very high hopes and a will to do good today... I hate when that happens...

I hope to see a lot of the class tomorrow and put this to use tomorrow... nothing makes as big a change as seat time...!
Any time John. It was worth letting you drive it just to watch you try to drive it like an STS Miata. I was hopping it would be awesome enough that you would want to drive it more. But alas my girly Miata is just too slow.
SSM 96/196