Pellissppi 6/3 - Nice job Will!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
rocracing2004

Re: Pellissppi 6/3 - Nice job Will!

Post by rocracing2004 »

How do you hit it up the hill? I don't understand that one but maybe if I saw it I could understand it. I would have thought you would have spun down the hit not up the hill. It works in NACAR most of the time and doesn't work at 411SW. :shock:

RC
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Here's my 50.6xx, fastest clean run. Had a 50.3xx the next run and then two 49.8s after that :(. The go-pro died early and I didn't get Cathers' stupid fast runs either (48.3xx good for 2nd in RAW)

http://youtu.be/kPnLF4a1T88
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

John Brown wrote:
scottgib wrote:I guess I am foder for smart asses (not that I don't deserve it).

' not "

Yes it is a rule. 15' min. for course and '25 from edge of course to obstacle (curb).
So, does a slalom take a 30ft path? Or 7.5 ft from slalom cone? I looked at it real good when A.C. spun and there was well over 4 parking spaces of run off. I just want to be clear if I do another there... that was a fun slalom !!
Minimum gate is 15 ft. so if you have an optional slalom, you have to pace out 15 feet from that cone either way to get your distance to begin measuring from the edge of the course.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

rocracing2004 wrote:How do you hit it up the hill? I don't understand that one but maybe if I saw it I could understand it. I would have thought you would have spun down the hit not up the hill. It works in NACAR most of the time and doesn't work at 411SW. :shock:

RC
I've spun going uphill several times in the Impala and once in the Camaro. The Impala would downshift from second to third when you went WOT and it would catch me out. The time in the Camaro was the first time with the truck motor, and it had a very different torque curve than the LS1 with the ASA cam and caught me out when I went WOT.

Course looked good Will, but I'm glad I missed the skidpad.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

thrdeye wrote:With Mike and Jim really taking the bull by the horns on timing, it has eased lots of pressure for Disney who was sometimes working two shifts. I feel like that by the end of the year we are going to have a very deep team of core people that can run an event from setup to teardown.
Jim + I love a challenge, and despise being bored - timing is a good fit for us. Felt pretty good that we were doing a competent job with it, but positive reinforcement is always helpful: P.S. - Grid: Don't ever run STM12 back to back with SM12 again, nothing good can come from that (it was the subject of several OCDish discussions, WHAT!?! HUH?!? WHICH CAR!?! lolol)

Thought the course flowed really, really well, especially the lake side of the course.

Apologies to those who had to retrieve cones (and a rerun for whoever was behind me) after my massive spin on the bottom - came through the slalom really hot and looked at the wrong gate, tried to "jostle" the car over toward the correct position - "fail"...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
steverife

Post by steverife »

rocracing2004 wrote:How do you hit it up the hill? I don't understand that one but maybe if I saw it I could understand it. I would have thought you would have spun down the hit not up the hill. It works in NACAR most of the time and doesn't work at 411SW. :shock:

RC
Yesterday?

Opening slalom, need to scrub off speed, spin. Nothing atypical.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

15' path, and in the case of an optional slalom, 30' - 15' on each side.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

GaryM wrote::rockon: good event Will. I enjoyed it, my RF tire, not so much :lol:

It was pretty cool seeing Trey's Mini come up the hill and turn left towards the skid pad, which picked up the LR Wheel, and it didn't hit the pavement again until the 2nd cone of the slolom out of the skidpad.
:lol: Wish I could see a video of that. I was trying as hard as I could. I got .5 sec off Chris, but only because he coned away some really fast times. :oops:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I went left on the bottom slalom. I didn't try it both ways. I had intended to but decided not to take my two last runs and start packing up instead.

Here's my thoughts on it. The entry cut distance. I was going to have to make two turns either way, my last turn was later than going to the other side so I probably gave up a little speed at the exit. However, I had a longer run at the entrance to take advantage of the speed going in and I was going to have to brake going into the pole turn anyway. One run I really didn't brake enough and don't know how I didn't take out a cone or two.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

I really liked the bottom half of the course, but never felt like I knew the right line through the last turn before going uphill..

Thanks again David for letting me use your car this weekend! Hopefully some S2000 seat time will help me out in Blytheville.
Jed Peterson
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Hey Rob.. did you have your RK running ? I was wondering how long you were in the "circle-of-death" I bet you were absolutely killing us there...
The best thing about Sunday..is that 2nd thru XX in Pro,were beat so bad,it will be a throw away for KK and me. :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

If we could just eliminate the light poles, and islands there would be plenty of room on that first slolam. I was trying to keep a safe distance from the worker station at that light pole for the down hill shot.. ... I bet that pole is only about 75' from the islands, so it is tricky to maintain distances from both the workers, and the island if we go by it twice, unless the course is designed in a way to overlap itself in that one area imho.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

John no I didn't have it running but now wish I did. My problem is that my lap top will not run the program and I don't have the money to just go buy one. I need to see your lap top and down load some of the runs. I would love to compair our runs to see where or who gets who. The circle was good for my car but I think going up hill makes the difference in our times. We used to have a real problem keeping up with Curt in the Mini when Mark and I were running the MR2 on that lot when we went up hill.

RC
steverife

Post by steverife »

We are flipping our 2 event tires before we leave for Blytheville. Oddly enough, 1 front and 1 rear look pretty beat. Thanks Will. :roll: :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
J306SPD

Post by J306SPD »

Man thay course looks fun. My 1st run in tn will be july 8th. Im Itchin to run
Matt McCauley
STM#77