Post Chilhowee Event...

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
EliseAutoXr

Post Chilhowee Event...

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Great event, thanks to everyone who worked hard to put this event on. Fun course, nice job Chris and Dave!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
oldmuscle69

Re: Post Chilhowee Event...

Post by oldmuscle69 »

WOW !!!,2days of AX. Special thanks to Sean for the drive. Harp ran a great event. John brown provided very useful car setup info even if we did ask at the last minute. And getting to run the challenge at the last minute was great,ran my fastest lap of the day. Not bad for being on 380"s and same for Sean's driving too !!! OH DID Doug get home ok with the grocery getter ?
Bob Colbert
whenry

Post by whenry »

good event! course was just beginning to dry up when the radiator end blew off. Luckily it was at the finish line and didnt soak the course. Dont worry, Dave, I dont blame you; I would rather it let go at an autocross event than in the fast lane of the interstate.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
IsaacMTSU

Post by IsaacMTSU »

We had a ton of fun! We'll be back for sure! Some times aren't posted on the live results page, will they be in the final results when they are posted? (My H Stock CR-Z #35 is one of the unposted)
http://www.ThreeSixDownhill.com
1991 Honda CRX HF (All Original) 68.45 MPG Avg
2011 Honda CR-Z HS
2003 Chevy S-10 Xtreme STX
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

+1 to a fun course and a fun weekend.

Good to see some folks out there who haven't been around in a while.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
steverife

Post by steverife »

Isaac, the "live timing" is just showing the people that ran in the 2nd heat. We will have final results in a day or so that will include everyone along with an overall list for indexed times and raw times.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Wheelman_13 wrote:+1 to a fun course and a fun weekend.

Good to see some folks out there who haven't been around in a while.
Agreed! I had a blast yesterday and today, especially since I drove two different cars. :twisted: Just wish I could've kept the streak alive and beaten the owner in his own car today. :| :lol:

Hopefully I'll have some video up soon.

Also, saw this online from yesterday's race: http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines ... 62646.html
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

I had fun Saturday. Sunday, not as much.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
integra55

Post by integra55 »

fun time ... fun course ... and after I got I may have actually fixed the car ... a bare wire in the distributor ... some tape and the miss seems to have gone away

I'll try some WOT on some back roads tomorrow .. hope it's ready for the 24hr at Dixie in 2 wks

thanks for all the hard work that went into producing this past weekend
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

Great event. I will be honest, when I saw the course online I was a little dismayed at the lot. I am so glad I came. I loved the elevation changes. The course was perfect. I am surprised though that after event the corner 2 workers told me that during the initial runs we were two left tires in the air at the left going back into the cross over. So who is this Cathers guys!!! :) Seriously, you need to get your butt to a tour event in Marcus' Miata. You have roasted lately some very serious heavy hitters in AutoX.
GT350
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

rocket71 wrote:Great event. I will be honest, when I saw the course online I was a little dismayed at the lot. I am so glad I came. I loved the elevation changes. The course was perfect. I am surprised though that after event the corner 2 workers told me that during the initial runs we were two left tires in the air at the left going back into the cross over. So who is this Cathers guys!!! :) Seriously, you need to get your butt to a tour event in Marcus' Miata. You have roasted lately some very serious heavy hitters in AutoX.
I think for the lot...it was the most we could get in terms of "flow"
We changed it 10 times at least Friday night...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Results are up. Thanks to everyone that lent a hand and to Dave Yoder for MONTHS of legwork on this.

The course turned out better than I expected. The crossover is tough to deal with, but without some of the spectator and ride along constraints, I think we could do some pretty cool stuff there.

I'd like to try the team event again sometime. I think it was a fun gimmick, but there are some things that I could do to make it closer competition....although they would add some complexity.

I am very happy that so many people came out for both days.

Question - would you run another event on this lot if there was the opportunity?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

thrdeye wrote:Question - would you run another event on this lot if there was the opportunity?
Hell yeah, :lol:
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
TedV

Post by TedV »

I had fun knocking the cob webs off the ole CMod car. Thanks Dave, sponsors and everyone who helped make this event happen.

My last run today sure seemed faster than 105 seconds.. I know I'm slow, but DAMN 3 times what it should have been? :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

Fun event. I like any kind of challenge type event, but I think the big problem with this particular format is that it was hard to remember who was on your team, so you basically took 2 runs, then hoped you were on the winning team.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97