ADESA - DRIVING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
daverx7

Re: ADESA - DRIVING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE 2012 - OFFICIAL THR

Post by daverx7 »

thrdeye wrote:Yeah luckily I was the only dumbass that went left twice.
Oh... yeah, I was working that corner, and that scared the crap out of us!!! Good thing it was you as... as soon as you realized it happened, you got the heck out of there FAST!! Some people would have frozen and hoped for the best. ;)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Spinning the first time through got me out of sorts.

I really wish I had gotten a better run at the course. I was first car out and it was super dirty, then the rain started.

I went faster in the Mustang which I couldn't believe.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

John isn't making up that grippy tight line thing.. especially the turn around at the bottom of the hill and at the end of the long straight.. I was struggling during the normal runs, car would not stop rotating without opposite lock - would never settle down onto a reasonable slip angle, I almost spun out several times. My 4th run during the day I kept tighter in those corners and ran a 59.3 without really pushing it all that hard.. got down to a 58.6 in the challenge and all those felt tame compared to my first three.. car would rotate to a perfect slip angle and stay there. That 58.6 was perfect, I might have been slightly aroused after that run.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

ke0ki2k wrote:John isn't making up that grippy tight line thing.. especially the turn around at the bottom of the hill and at the end of the long straight.. I was struggling during the normal runs, car would not stop rotating without opposite lock - would never settle down onto a reasonable slip angle, I almost spun out several times. My 4th run during the day I kept tighter in those corners and ran a 59.3 without really pushing it all that hard.. got down to a 58.6 in the challenge and all those felt tame compared to my first three.. car would rotate to a perfect slip angle and stay there. That 58.6 was perfect, I might have been slightly aroused after that run.
Did you go home and stare at yourself in the mirror?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

thrdeye wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote:I might have been slightly aroused after that run.
For a solid 35-45 minutes, I did :rockon: :lol:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
BossJockey

Post by BossJockey »

TedV wrote:I would like to lodge a complaint to the weather steward. The first run group was robbed. ROBBED I tell ya. :evil: :cry: :lol: I wish I would have found out I could have paid for a ride and taken myself for a ride in the dry before I packed up. :roll: oh well. still had fun. Thanks to all who got this event done. :rockon:
This!
Here a vid of my last run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytjlF1f0bU
Jeff Smith
racersd2

Post by racersd2 »

First of all Congrats to Laura AND James for Winning TOP GUNNER and TOP ACE.

While the event was a long day I do appreciate ETRSCCA, members, CRSCCA members who helped in key locations, Untied Way volunteers AND everyone else who stuck around for the exciting DOGFIGHT SERIES.
The DOGFIGHT was VERY EXCITING with a few upsets here and there (cough) final round (cough).

Thanks again for everything ETR it was AWESOME!!!
Scott Dobler II
SEDiv S.D.C.
-Yep thats me.
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

SilverMaxima wrote:I'm just going to leave this here... You know who you are. NWS. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dzYZOe ... ata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LOL! That was me dude. I couldn't resist. :lol:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Dentspeed wrote:LOL! That was me dude. I couldn't resist. :lol:
You have issues... :lol: I'd thought it was you! Never seen a rear mounted camera so viciously violated before... :lol:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Ok, so now that I have more time.

As I said before, big thanks to the region, the organizers, and the united way for putting on a great event. I know it was a long day for everyone and appreciate everyone for sticking it out. The weather was iffy for the morning and I feel bad for those guys that had to run in it. Really kinda skewed the results in a way.

Walking the course, I really wasn't sure what to expect. some of the visuals SEEMED iffy but when behind the wheel it flowed really well and was challenging and fun. I never got the 1st big turn around right and my times showed that. I kept saying to myself to go deeper and come back, but when I was out on course I always braked to early and turned in when I should've stayed out longer.

Coming back the 1st time and running up the hill was a blast. Running thru that up to the big straight really tested your fortitude and if you weren't careful, you'd screw yourself for the turn... that was fun.

The last slalom / chicago box thing drove alot quicker than I thought and if you got it right ( which I never quite did ) you could carry some speed into the finish.

Like I said, new to the region I forgot about only having the first 3 runs count... that hurt after my 4th run was almost a second quicker. That would've put me in the top 16, but not in the top ten in the pro class. You guys have some fast drivers!

Here's my video of the run that didn't count. My 1st run which was actually my fastest didn't get recorded.
http://youtu.be/XKBb5jFxQKM

After my 3rd run, Kim saw I had a passenger and was slow, so said "No more passengers!" :D Lynn seemed like she enjoyed going for the spin.

I won't be making any more events down there, so it's been a blast running with you all. I'll be making more events next year.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

I don't think everyone was clear on this, but all 4 runs counted for the dogfight and we had a grid space for you, Brian.

Gary and I rode together for 4th runs and we definitely would not have done that if we knew we were still trying to get in. I still managed to go faster and eek in the 16, but a passenger is a pretty big penalty in a 110 hp car. I think Kristo did the same thing.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I wasn't able to stay that long for the shootout, and with me not being local, even if I would've been staying it wouldn't have been fair to take a spot from someone local that could have a real shot at going further with it. Cool tropies too!

I was reffering to the pro class deal with 3 runs counting. Doing the math I would've had to have some crazy speed to get up high in the PAX/pro class. Still fun though!
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
mpcavana

Post by mpcavana »

The Adessa site is pretty nice and I hope you get back there next week. I have an apology for the second heat workers at the finish. I am very sorry for the mess I made of the finish on my second run, you know the blue NC Miata that could not stop. Definitely over drove that finish and it did not turn. Funny, on the the 4th run that did not count, I dropped 1.1 seconds. Imagine that. :oops:

I wanted to get home before the sun went down (4 hours to Falkville) and missed watching the Dog Fight. Is the bracket available to see with results?
Mike Cavanaugh
STR #74 07 Blue MX-5
TVR SCCA
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

thrdeye wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote:John isn't making up that grippy tight line thing.. especially the turn around at the bottom of the hill and at the end of the long straight.. I was struggling during the normal runs, car would not stop rotating without opposite lock - would never settle down onto a reasonable slip angle, I almost spun out several times. My 4th run during the day I kept tighter in those corners and ran a 59.3 without really pushing it all that hard.. got down to a 58.6 in the challenge and all those felt tame compared to my first three.. car would rotate to a perfect slip angle and stay there. That 58.6 was perfect, I might have been slightly aroused after that run.
I got to say this about the mirror thing..
Iv watched James for a few years now...and at times I just thought he was the "blind squirrel" But he has really come to a genuine level of a "pain in my ass" :lol:
James.. well played Sir! next year...Ima gonna havta up my game to beat your ass.
:eating:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C