ADESA - DRIVING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
disneyd
Site Admin

Re: ADESA - DRIVING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE 2012 - OFFICIAL THR

Post by disneyd »

Results are posted. I'll have points updates as soon as I get the laptop back from Harp, or a few more files from it.
- Dave Disney
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Hey John, I forgot to ask who got to eat the cake at this event, you or Barry?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

jcox07 wrote:Hey John, I forgot to ask who got to eat the cake at this event, you or Barry?
REALLY?!?! Not sure who Barry is but this Berry is definitely only eating crow! :)
GT350
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

:lol:

I got me two big pieces,of Berry's cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then Walker and Cathers took em from me................ :(
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Yesterday left me so discouraged.

That place was SOOOO rough on tires. I don't remember that last year.

Usually, if I'm way off pace, I can attribute it to big mistakes. I can't even conceive running the times that John was running. The car felt fantastic through the back slalom, but I just could not get back on the gas into any of the 3 big turns that lead into the offsets. It was off camber and with any throttle at all, the front would just wash out. I probably should have tried to do something to free up the rear of the car, but I didn't recognize that until the shootout and it was too late at that point. I am 100% baffled as to what it would take to make my car "work" on turns like that. Days like that make me want to see if I'm good at something else. :(
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

I would like to lodge a complaint to the weather steward. The first run group was robbed. ROBBED I tell ya. :evil: :cry: :lol: I wish I would have found out I could have paid for a ride and taken myself for a ride in the dry before I packed up. :roll: oh well. still had fun. Thanks to all who got this event done. :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

steverife wrote: That place was SOOOO rough on tires. I don't remember that last year.

Well, we did cord a tire there last year.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

steverife wrote:Yesterday left me so discouraged.

That place was SOOOO rough on tires. I don't remember that last year.

Usually, if I'm way off pace, I can attribute it to big mistakes. I can't even conceive running the times that John was running. The car felt fantastic through the back slalom, but I just could not get back on the gas into any of the 3 big turns that lead into the offsets. It was off camber and with any throttle at all, the front would just wash out. I probably should have tried to do something to free up the rear of the car, but I didn't recognize that until the shootout and it was too late at that point. I am 100% baffled as to what it would take to make my car "work" on turns like that. Days like that make me want to see if I'm good at something else. :(
Hang tough! I feel the same way at times. How do I go from the last event to this event? I felt like I had a great car. Then Jason gets in and can't beat Geoff. He consistently beats Geoff. What is wrong with my car? And what was wrong with me?
GT350
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

Was the last time you ran your car on Concrete? If so did you "twist the knobs" to get it set for pavement? I have made that mistake in the past.
SSM 96/196
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

rocket71 wrote:
Hang tough! I feel the same way at times. How do I go from the last event to this event? I felt like I had a great car. Then Jason gets in and can't beat Geoff. He consistently beats Geoff. What is wrong with my car? And what was wrong with me?
full of Crow??? :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TedV

Post by TedV »

steverife wrote: I am 100% baffled as to what it would take to make my car "work" on turns like that. Days like that make me want to see if I'm good at something else. :(
didn't y'all change stuff to make the car rotate at Lincoln? didn't you change things to stop the ungodly over steer at the last PSTCC event? sounds like the Lincoln setup might have worked better at ADESA. ?
Ted V.
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

It was good to finally get to drive my car again after it has sit for so long on jackstands in pieces. Nothing fell off and it ran decent so I accomplished what I set out to do. Still some minor issues to sort out on it and still needs the ride height and allignment set on it.

I wanted to adjust my shocks yesterday... but with it being so wet, I decided to leave them alone after the initial setting. I should've brough my Hoosier Wets instead. :evil:
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
TedV

Post by TedV »

It looked like some news crews were there. so far haven't found anything other than the pre event on WBIR http://www.wbir.com/video/1867024832001 ... ifference-
Ted V.
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

eunos735 wrote:Was the last time you ran your car on Concrete? If so did you "twist the knobs" to get it set for pavement? I have made that mistake in the past.
The last time was Chattanooga and before that Pellissippi. Both lower grip sites. Even @ Toledo I have ran the same settings with very good results. Not sure why it was so loose. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
GT350
steverife

Post by steverife »

TedV wrote:
steverife wrote: I am 100% baffled as to what it would take to make my car "work" on turns like that. Days like that make me want to see if I'm good at something else. :(
didn't y'all change stuff to make the car rotate at Lincoln? didn't you change things to stop the ungodly over steer at the last PSTCC event? sounds like the Lincoln setup might have worked better at ADESA. ?
Maybe. I would basically coast around the turn. If I got on the gas, the front would start to wash out. I don't want that, so I'd roll off the throttle, and the car would go into a 4 wheel drift, away from where I needed to be...

I don't really have any changes to add front grip and that is what I feel like I needed. I would have felt better if Kristo could have gone about a second and a half faster. I know that I won't be able to get it every time (or even come close), but I need to know it is there to be gotten.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97