Regional #1

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
jcoatney

Re: Regional #1

Post by jcoatney »

Had a lot more fun than I thought I would today. Was kind of regretting getting rid of the Miata until today. I suddenly love PAX now.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Fuelrush wrote:If my raw time was faster and my pax time was too what time are we going by?
I didn't even look at the times. Oops.

We upgraded our software and have run into a few glitches. It's not ranking in the correct order apparently

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

The weather was great! My driving.......stunk! Lots of new people! The course was good....except the Chatty-nooga finish... :lol:

And of course I was the guinea pig for the BFG's.....Jury is still out on the verdict.......

Still had lots of fun!

Now on to Dixie! :fight:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

GaryM wrote:I'm of no help with the tire debate, but those Z2's sure were fun. Didn't hurt that the car was an absolute blast. I'm excited for next weekend
You sure did lock up the tires on your first run. I was working at Station #1, and it looked like you locked up 3 of the 4.
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:
GaryM wrote:I'm of no help with the tire debate, but those Z2's sure were fun. Didn't hurt that the car was an absolute blast. I'm excited for next weekend
You sure did lock up the tires on your first run. I was working at Station #1, and it looked like you locked up 3 of the 4.
The brakes also worked better than expected!
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

It was good seeing several familiar faces. I wish I had ran a better tire up front - I quickly found out my brake upgrades way out performed my crappy front street tires. I had a lot of rust to knock off, and it showed. I only had one clean run. I really should have walked the course once more - and then drew out my lines becuase once I was on course, I kept forgetting where I was wanting to turn in at on at least 3 sections.

Everything I planned to do, I didn't. I didn't change my shock settings at all, I didn't have time to install my adjustable sway bar before the event, and I didn't map out the course. Clearly I got some work to so to get back to where I once was. One thing is for sure, this nose heavy car needs some good tires under it. I now wish I brought another set for the fronts.

Least the new suspension was predictable and responsive. Upon looking at the photos, I regret not changing the rear sway bar out on Friday. The only thing I adjusted was tire pressure, which did make a difference. Minus hitting some cones on run #4, I would have shaved off 5 seconds compared to run #1. Before the last run I was talking to someone and got sidetracked and took out way too much air during conversation - which I could feel on course. Ironically it was my only clean run, although I was simply trying for that vs. time.

A few photos of the camaro: http://americancarsamericangirls.com/sh ... -shot-her/
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

This is my fastest run. I have to come up with some sort of support for the car mount to keep it from shaking that much.

https://vimeo.com/61505582
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:The weather was great! My driving.......stunk! Lots of new people! The course was good....except the Chatty-nooga finish... :lol:

And of course I was the guinea pig for the BFG's.....Jury is still out on the verdict.......

Still had lots of fun!

Now on to Dixie! :fight:
OH ya poor cone head!!!!!
Bob Colbert
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just thought I would say I thought the course turned out great. Had a great time yesterday. Good to see everyone out after the winter.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
integra55

Post by integra55 »

course was fun.... a bit different .... but lots of fun .. loved the front "straight-away"
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
IsaacMTSU

Post by IsaacMTSU »

Awesome event! We toed the front out on the truck and made a world of difference! Adding more camber now. I agree, that straight/walled slalom was fun! I rode with Kristo and we hit 54mph on the third set
http://www.ThreeSixDownhill.com
1991 Honda CRX HF (All Original) 68.45 MPG Avg
2011 Honda CR-Z HS
2003 Chevy S-10 Xtreme STX
mutant

Post by mutant »

MARKP wrote:Just thought I would say I thought the course turned out great. Had a great time yesterday. Good to see everyone out after the winter.

YEAH-what he said +2 :lol2: 8) :pirate:
`93 geo metro conv.
`90 miata
`88crx-ita, 2002 STS Ford Focus SVT-presently mutated :(Image

steve haupt-the one and only.........................so far..................................................
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

What is a line, and tire pressure?
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Two things that could possibly make you faster. Especially tire pressure.
2013 WRX
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

so, when does registration open for the next event?
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing