Falken Azenies Sport

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
yellowspecv

Falken Azenies Sport

Post by yellowspecv »

yes i have a question and I belive Cliff would be the best to answer this...if he reads it... I want to put 225/45/17 azenies on my car its a nissan sentra spec v..and i know cliff has one .. so does anyone or you cliff know if they will fit... Or am i better off finding 15 or 16 inch wheel to put different azenis on the car? Thanks for yours or anyones help I really appreciate it... And also with my car just with the azenies intake and exhaust would i still be in stx or could i be in a some stock class? Sorry i have only been autcrossing for almost a year any help and understanding would greatly be appreciated... Brian Colandro :?:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

intake puts you in STX. you can run a cat back in stock, but nothing else.

cliff will have to comment on the tires.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

my gti came with 225/45/17's from the factory............and the gearing advantage from my shorter 215/45/16 azenis results in a very noticeable increase in acceleration.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

The 225/45/17 is what I run on and work great. Mine did rub very slightly on the inside fender wall. Just watch how far you lower it if you do. I had Eibach Pro Kit last year with only the slight rub on the inside. I just installed some Ground Controls with them set 3 turns up from the bottom am getting some rubbing on hard turns.

The only problem I can see from running a 16 vs a 17 is that the spec V is already geared pretty short already. Running a 16 may increase the likely hood of needing to go into 3rd.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Will STX allow smaller wheels?
If so, the smaller the wheel, the smaller your tire budget...
Just a thought...
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
exhacker

Post by exhacker »

I believe the only stipulation for STX is that the tires cannot be wider than 245 tread. i think in autocross, skinnier tread in the back is a good idea... it lets the car rotate more easily.

also, a smaller diameter wheel of the same overall weight will accelerate and decelerate more easily than the larger. smaller is good in autocross, i think... to a point.

i would try to estimate your overall tire+wheel weight v/s how much grip and sidewall strength.

random thoughts,
x
yellowspecv

thanks

Post by yellowspecv »

Thanks cliff, for all the information... I know yellow is an odd color on the nissan but i got it used @ a good price. And thanks everyone else as well. Cliff what do you think about the nismo suspension setup?
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

What I have read on the forums about the Nismo Suspension is that it is a very good upgrade over the stock set up. But I have not seen any opinions in regards of it for Autocrossing. I'm not sure if you been on this site www.thevboard.com it's a pretty good forum for our cars..
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.