Our Registration Workers for the 2004 Season

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
ConeJunkie

Our Registration Workers for the 2004 Season

Post by ConeJunkie »

I need to have 2 volunteers to work registration with me this year. I need people that plan to attend the majority of the events and can get there early enough to help set everything up and work until registration closes. I believe with four of us working we will be able to switch off for course walking and car preparation.

Please let me know if you are interested in the job. An added bonus is you can get your work assignment taken care of right off the bat. But, occasionally you may be asked to help out elsewhere if the event is short handed.

I am going to go ahead and volunteer John Wilson, since he has expressed a interest in the job before. John let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks
Last edited by ConeJunkie on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
steverife

Post by steverife »

i'd like to do it. i plan on doing all the events and getting there early is not a problem
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

not cbring wrote:i'd like to do it
Steve your in......That leaves one unless John does not want to do it.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Cliff, let me know once you assemble your team. We'll get together sometime before the first event and do some training on the laptop/software.
- Dave Disney
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

.............yea, make sure Cliff knows to mark me as PAID "and" RUNNING. :D
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

disneyd wrote:Cliff, let me know once you assemble your team. We'll get together sometime before the first event and do some training on the laptop/software.
I was thinking the same thing. :mrgreen:
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

John - Sounds like you have the same idea, about having a list of competitors with class and number information to help speed up finding a number for new people. My idea is to have 3 steps to registration.

1. Have one person handling the waiver and wrist bands. Then that person needs to find out if they are pre-registered or have previously attended an event this year. Basically finding out if they are in the computer system. If they are, they need to be told to step over to the line to pay and be checked off in the system.

2. If they have not pre-registered or attended a previous event, they need to move to the next step. I would like to have a person there with a list of competitors and numbers, rule book, and paper numbers and classes. This person will then help with classing the car, if they do not know what class they are in. Alos, help them select a number not being used and give them the needed paper numbers and class letters. I would like to be able to have them fill out a small card with name, car information, class and number, which will be given to the computer operator for entry into the system.

3. Last but not least, have two of us manning the last stage. One person to enter them into the computer and the other to collect payment. We need to also have them show us their SCCA membership card to receive the discounted membership rate.

I think this will help speed up registration. Last year things would get slowed down when a new person would get to the computer and we would have to figure what number to use, classing and finding the paper number and class they needed.

If you guys have any other ideas let me know.
Last edited by ConeJunkie on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
steverife

Post by steverife »

sounds great :D

just post up when you guys are ready to train me, and i'm there.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

Cliff,

If you still need someone for this spot I would gladly help out. I plan on attending most or all of the ETR events this year.
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

Jbgti wrote:Cliff,

If you still need someone for this spot I would gladly help out. I plan on attending most or all of the ETR events this year.
Well it looks like we have put together our registration team :mrgreen:

John Wilson
Steve Rife
Jason Blanton

I am also hoping that Dave will be able to email us a list of all the peoples class and numbers in the system. To help with number selection at registration.

Thanks guys for volunteering![/b]
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

Thanks Cliff. Looking forward to this season!
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
Steven

Post by Steven »

I talked to Dave the other day, he said the easiest way to do it, is to just go through the points listing from last season and copy/paste them or re-type them out. I was planning on doing it sometime this weekend, but if you have time during the day John you are more than welcomed to do it. I was going to put it in Excel or something, that way it would look nice and be easy to search through it.
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

What I think we need to do is if possible, is have Dave bring a list of the people pre-registered to the 1st event. With it being the 1st event numbers will be pretty open except those taken by people that registered online.

After that all we need is a print out of the previous events results, this will give us a complete list of numbers being used. Plus it will be organized by class.