Realotor?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
na6r

Realotor?

Post by na6r »

anyone in the region a realtor?
preferably with some commercial experience?
Pat
Found an MF car
jcoatney

Re: Realotor?

Post by jcoatney »

Are you selling or looking to buy? I'm getting ready to post my commercial property in the classifieds soon.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
na6r

Post by na6r »

looking for a rental for now. with a good bit of special requirements.
Pat
Found an MF car
tclackey

Post by tclackey »

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought that for my first post, I'd resist the temptation of starting a new one.

I, and my wife and daughter, will be moving to Knoxville in the next couple of weeks. I've already reached out to a couple of people about general area information but I was wondering if anyone in the club is a realtor? If not, I'll contact the person that my new employer suggested.

Thanks!
Thomas Lackey
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Im not a Real Estate Agent.. but mine is awesome.
Bill Gallagher 865-919-1455
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
tclackey

Post by tclackey »

John Brown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm Im not a Real Estate Agent.. but mine is awesome.
Bill Gallagher 865-919-1455
Thanks John, I'll be giving him a call early this week.
Thomas Lackey
TedV

Post by TedV »

With the municipal zoning laws, you might not want to be in Knox Cunty, definitely not Knoxville city, unless you have car culture accepting neighbors.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

AKA, don't have 10 cars at your house. Right Ted? [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
tclackey

Post by tclackey »

How about 4ish?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Thomas Lackey
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I have that many. [emoji6]

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
TedV

Post by TedV »

If a car has a flat tire, it's in-operable. If you have more than one inoperable or tags not up to date they will be subject to be towed. If you have a drag car, with drag slicks without up to date tags on a trailer behind a pickup truck (uh, it's a caged race car that never will be driven on the street), it will be subject to be towed in Knoxville City.

There are 6 vehicles with up to date tags at my place. At the time there were several more yard art parts cars and pending projects. I'm always working on something. I will admit once zoning realised I was only working on my own cars, how long I've been working on said types of vehicles and that I was not opperating a non licensed repair shop, and had a convoluted, complicated issue happening with the neighbor they were actually kind of nice. I did point out at the time the off-road activities of some of the cars. The looks on faces when shown streetcars flinging dirt at Rallycross was humorous.

Friend more into BMW's and Diesel Dodge had a similar issue. The conversation improved with the officer once they found out it wasn't a non licensed repair shop in his garage, just a gear head.

Oak Ridge is worse. Coworker didn't have money to pay for timing belt change so he did it himself one nice day. As he's sitting there with tools and t-belt parts an officer stops. " Does that car run?" Coworker looks at all the parts and replies "uuhh, not at the moment but as soon as the new timing belt goes on it will". He was given a time and date for a couple days later if the car was in the same spot in his driveway it would be towed. He's also been told same when changing a flat tire. Keep in mind, this is in his driveway. DO NOT move to Oak Ridge.

Recommend a huge garage, yard area no one can see, house not in a subdivision, watch for additional restrictions placed on subdivision by the builders or HOA, pick another county like Anderson or Blount and look closely at zoning laws.

Whew

Welcome to Knoxville...
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
tclackey

Post by tclackey »

Well,this sounds fun...

My daughter is in the band so we are probably going to be limited to Bearden or Farragut in order for her to be part of one of those programs as they were highly recommended. Yeah, just poking around, those areas are probably going to be suburban hell. Sounds like I'll need to buy my neighbors some beer and make nice to keep the authorities off of my back...
Thomas Lackey
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I'm in Farragut, which is not the city of Knoxville. You will probably have more issues with HOAs here than anything else.

If it helps, I'm in Stonecrest Subdivision. It is an older development with no HOA. I have had up to 3 non running vehicles in the driveway and never been harassed but I wouldn't suggest making a habit of it. I do usually have at least one project in the driveway but right now it is taking up garage space so everything in the driveway does run. [emoji6] I also have had various trailers in the back yard from time to time.

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

FYI if anyone wants to be my neighbor. Love our location. It's close to Farragut, but that's not where your school zone would be.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/L ... ect/15_zm/
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

Unless you have really stupid luck with neighbors or are a monster jerk or pick a strict HOA, I don't think you are going to have a problem with having a few cars (not 10) and maybe a trailer and an occasional "project" siting out.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97