Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Fuelrush

Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta

Post by Fuelrush »

Anyone going this weekend? Or anyone been before? Any tips? I'm going to try to go Saturday.
Justin Dougherty
2006 Lotus Exige
2002 Honda S2000 #15 STR (Sold but not forgotten)
jdpeterson21

Re: Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta

Post by jdpeterson21 »

Spectator hill is the place to be. Best view of the esses and a jumboscreen nearby to watch race live.
Jed Peterson
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Went last year for the Grand Am race and you definitely have to get to Spectator Hill early and camp out on the side facing the Esses, as Jed said. When you get tired of watching from there, it's a 100 yd walk over to see them come out of turn 7 then under the bridge on the back straight. The complex at 10/10a is also popular, but we didn't like it as much as spectator hill. At night I think that would be a really cool vantage point, though. It's a shuttle bus ride between those two areas.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
TedV

Post by TedV »

3rd vote for spectator hill above turn 5. At the last ARRC I rode motorcycle down, I could park the bike just down from the fence seperating the parkinglot from the field, stand on the seat and see from 3, all the way through 6/7 and on down to 9. Its a dual sport so just sitting on it is close to the stratosphere. This trick won't work with either of your listed vehicles and if the crowd is too big to let bikes get to a good vantage point.

Outside of 1 close to the fence you get an up close feeling of the speed and insanity of turn 1 especially on the starts. Can see from the bridge, tops of tall cars down the front straight and leading into 3.

Inside the track at 3, it is harder to lay claim to the sweet spot that will let you look down on the front straight into 1, they dissapear down to 4 and able to see them through 5.

If you like to watch late braking passes and glowing brake rotors, along with a short drag race, the stadium seating at 10 is for you.

The best way to watch all the racing action is the TV broadcast, so record that since the best way to experience the race is being there.

Have fun :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's