CO-drive for PRO class?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
tscott

Post by tscott »

John Brown wrote:So Tyler,you coming to Pro class??
I may if I don' t get any SM2 competition.
Tyler Scott
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Tony, I don't car if you run ESP pax. The more the better. If you are a regional champ there is no reason why anyone should not run pro. The competition is fun and will make you faster. I hope to see a big turn out this year in Pro. I am not sure how many events I will make this year. It sure will not be all of them like the last 3 years. :(
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Mark McCrary wrote:Tony, I don't car if you run ESP pax. The more the better. If you are a regional champ there is no reason why anyone should not run pro. The competition is fun and will make you faster. I hope to see a big turn out this year in Pro. I am not sure how many events I will make this year. It sure will not be all of them like the last 3 years. :(
In all honesty, I would run PRO in a heartbeat IF we had a course/layout like the TRSCCA folk do at the Superspeedway. I understand a good driver will make the best of a situation, but with PRO consisting of small cars with small displacement motors, it's like i'm bringing a knife to a gunfight.

I just need more room to use the other 4cyl's my car has, this is one reason I like the 411 banked oval soo well. For me to finish respectable in a PRO ESP/SM class, I'd hafta put about 1 to 1.5 seconds ON TOP of Carpenter/Brown/Disney/McCrary. I don't see that happening on our event sites.

I guess since Pilson and I had such a good back/forth run this past year, and he says SM will be getting faster, i'll just buzz around in SM another year. I think Curt made a post about a C0-drive in his MINI, that right there would be a good ride for me, but im just not really feeling the FWD, but I'd try it I suppose.
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

If you don't joint the SCCA, none of it really matters anyway :twisted: :lol: :shock:
Jeff Miller
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

tnturbo wrote:If you don't joint the SCCA, none of it really matters anyway :twisted: :lol: :shock:
I'm like, gonna like, sign up at the first event, that way I get that event free. :)
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Actually ,Tony..
you could be appx 1.2 sec slower than dp time and still win.

you can do that...come on up.

jb
TedV

Post by TedV »

MARKP wrote: I have a sneaky suspicion that SM will be getting faster next year anyway. You might still have your hands full there. :twisted:
SM gonna get faster?? Tony actually gonna join? Better just take $20 to Wal Mart and get a new jacket. :lol:

come on Tony... try a FWD... I wanna hear ya scream "How do you make it TURN????" :lol: :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TedV wrote:come on Tony... try a FWD... I wanna hear ya scream "How do you make it TURN????" :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Actually, most people probably don't remember Tony's supercharged Integra. Usually, when driving that car, he was screaming, "How do you make the back end stay behind the front?" :shock: :wink:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote: "How do you make the back end stay behind the front?" :shock: :wink:
Yup, and I remember Carpenter telling me to "STAY IN THE GAS DAMNIT, AND QUIT TRYIN TO SHOWOFF". I learned my lesson there......I just have a ton more fun in the Mustang. Plus, it covers up alota my ametuer-istic mistakes on the course with its torque/power.
steverife

Post by steverife »

TedV wrote: come on Tony... try a FWD... I wanna hear ya scream "How do you make it TURN????" :lol: :lol:
wasn't that what you were saying when you were driving Jeff's Cobra? :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

not cbring wrote:wasn't that what you were saying when you were driving Jeff's Cobra? :lol:
You can take the boy out of the FWD car but you can't take the FWD car out of the boy. :roll: :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

That is EXACTLY what he was saying when he drove my car.
Jeff Miller
TedV

Post by TedV »

tnturbo wrote:That is EXACTLY what he was saying when he drove my car.
Hellyeah I was. :lol: I sounded just like Jim Hawkins driving my car many moons ago. I could have made it turn, but with that low rear gear, it would have been dang slow in reverse. :lol:

not sure if it's the car(too small of tires that day&crapy pavement), driver, or both that needs a lil work for the corners(I know I do), but OMG that Cobra handles the straights awesome. :twisted:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

I think it was the little tires. It turns better with the bigger ones on it. You will have to drive it at one of this year's events.
Jeff Miller