What do you do to pay for your SCCA habit? (networking)

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MARKP

What do you do to pay for your SCCA habit? (networking)

Post by MARKP »

I had a thought while sitting at the SEDiv meetings this weekend. I know what some of our members do but I have no clue on the majority. Knowing more about each other might not only help the club if we need assistance with something you have expertise on, but it could be that there are opportunities for some of us to work together outside the club. If you aren't comfortable posting publicly but would like for me or any of the club officers to know, you can always PM us on here.

I'll start off. I work for a manufacturer's rep for commercial and industrial lighting. I have been doing it now for almost 15 years. To be more specific on my job description, I work with engineers and architects to assist with lighting selections that best fit their applications. I also work with them and work on lighting controls (dimming systems, automatic switching of lights, etc). I can't sell anything directly to you but I can help you with working through local electrical distributors.

I think most people don't know that I am also a dealer for Amsoil synthetic lubricants. I have been for probably more than 20 years. I don't make a huge effort to sell it but I do use it in all of my own vehicles and sell to a few of the local club members. I keep a very small stash in stock, typically for personal use. If you need anything, please let me know. If I don't have it, I can order it for you.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
RxCritical

Re: What do you do to pay for your SCCA habit? (networking)

Post by RxCritical »

Right now savings is mostly paying for it. :)
I just started as a salesman at Lenoir City Ford.
Otherwise most of my background has been in nuclear power. To stay in that field I would probably have to move, which I am trying to avoid.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
integra55

Post by integra55 »

savings and the contributions of all y'all (social security) … thanks guys :rockon:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
KeithLoveday

Post by KeithLoveday »

Currently, I'm an IT guy for a SaaS(Software as a Service) company in the Healthcare sector. www.perfectserve.com

Experience: 6+ years of Helpdesk, on-site, and remote support. I've also done a number of turn-key websites, SEO, and side projects in the past.

Education: B. A. Economics from UT-Knoxville. I really enjoyed Financial Analysis and Game Theory.

I'm always looking for interesting side projects that will expand my skills.
Jeffrey "Keith" Loveday
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I've just gotten my first "real" job turning wrenches at Harper VW.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I work for Foothills Excavating, specializing in residential and commercial grading and underground utility installation among many other things. We primarily work in Blount and surrounding counties.

http://FoothillsExcavating.com/

EDIT: We also utilize Trimble GPS Grade Control Technology which allows us to grade to very tight tolerances. Super cool stuff. It also allows us to make topographic maps. So if you or someone you know needs a topo, now you know a guy :D
Last edited by Teufelshund on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

I'm into engineering, software programmer but now into management. Have team of software, electrical and mechanical engineers in 3 countries... we mostly create potentiostats.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

I work at Eastman Chemical as a Regulatory and Advocacy manager for our plasticizer products. I'm a chemist with lots of experience as a professional information researcher. Hope to be here for the rest of my working days and beyond.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

This could be fun. How about you guess what i do. hint: if you're over 50, youve definitely been on the business end of the equipment my company repairs...
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I'm a structural steel detailer.. ( think drafting, not cleaning) for a local steel fabricator. Been in the business for over 25 years.
Used to draw by hand but now everything is build in a 3d model. My specialized area is stairs and handrails, but I do everything from the ground up here.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
integra55

Post by integra55 »

Buck05Sti wrote:This could be fun. How about you guess what i do. hint: if you're over 50, youve definitely been on the business end of the equipment my company repairs...
could probably use a few hints …LOL
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Im the assistant manager of a Small diameter endoscope repair lab. Colonoscopes are large diameter, but we fix those too. ;)
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
steverife

Post by steverife »

I make repayment agreements with people that have surrendered their home in bankruptcy, yet continue to live in said home.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

Well I had a post for this but it disappeared....I work for Progressive as a Senior Special Lines Representative handling the property side of boat, motorcycle and rv claims. I also moonlight as a cyber analyst for the Air National Guard.
GT350