Racing harnesses

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Michaelhamilt0n

Racing harnesses

Post by Michaelhamilt0n »

I've been looking into race harnesses for my car. Problem is how do I know what is and is not allowed for use at scca events? This is a street and "track" car and after a mishap last weekend I'm looking into upgrading the safety in the car. Any help or point me to who would know would be great thanks!
TBailey

Re: Racing harnesses

Post by TBailey »

This has been a huge help for me:

https://www.sff.net/people/dburkhead/prepcompare.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaelhamilt0n

Based off what's done to the car I'll either be in steer modified or prepared. Uh oh. Lol
TBailey

Post by TBailey »

We ran E street this year, but decided that the competition is equally tough regardless of the class. We felt our car would be more consistent, quicker, and more competitive if we made mods over the winter and moved to either CSP or XP. The courses are designed to be balanced between power and handling cars. We just need to drive better, but by making performance upgrades, we think we will take full advantage of the cars capabilities which it could not have done in ES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Check out this company: http://www.ogracing.com/

They have some really great write-ups on safety equipment, awesome customer service, and the pricing is good too. Johnny C from OGracing is a pretty stand up dude, has answered many questions I had for him..... the first time I met him while I was drooling over his ~500hp LSx NB.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
Michaelhamilt0n

Does it matter if it's a 2in wide or a 3in wide harness? What mounting points are allowed? And are camlock and latch legal? That's my biggest question. I am running autocross and hill climb in 2016?