129 euro

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
jpvette

129 euro

Post by jpvette »

Anybody have any experience with 129 euro in marville? Good/Bad. Any other euro shop's to recommend or not. Just acquired a '15 gti and looking at shop's. Thanks
Jim Lindsey
'02 Z06
lcoleman

Re: 129 euro

Post by lcoleman »

I work for Harper VW. One of our techs left to go work there this summer, but is coming back as of next week. Not sure if the differences were personal or professional. Tom (the owner) seemed like a sharp dude the handful of times I've met him, but it is a small shop and some good and bad comes with that.

If you don't want dealer service, I'd probably recommend EAG.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Every experience I've had with Harper has been great! However, I don't think they do aftermarket stuff. Lucas?

I had 129 Euro do my APR flash but that's it. They did a good job, but the dude I dealt with was kinda rude. Their white Mk6 is CRAZY fast though :rockon:
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Brian

Post by Brian »

My experience with them has been limited to a GTI APR flash as well. No issues. They may get some of my TDI service work in the future.
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
TedV

Post by TedV »

If you are in Maryville, 129Euro is good to go. Tom can be abrupt and to the point which might come across as rude, but probably not intended that way. It is a small shop like has been mentioned but they know their VW stuff. Generally good work.

If in Knoxville for independent shop, MF knows their VW stuff from old to new. Larger shop than 129Euro. Generally good work.

For factory dealer work, Harpers is very good for a dealer. Get get the impression they don't like to work on older stuff, 10 years or older. Generally good work.

With any shop you can get a mechanic on a bad day. Poo happens.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
jpvette

Post by jpvette »

I've used Harper Audi in the past with good service, but I'm looking at future mods. Who is MF?
Jim Lindsey
'02 Z06
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Matt Ford (MF Automotive)

VW specailist
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Teufelshund wrote:Every experience I've had with Harper has been great! However, I don't think they do aftermarket stuff. Lucas?
Typically no, although if it's a high quality bolt-on like APR the chances are better. Plenty of cars come through with exhausts, intakes, and suspension bits. Sometimes, these parts are the cause of the customer's complaint lol. No tunes or anything like that, obviously. Older cars are OK, but not something we'd be familiar with seeing every day.
TedV wrote: With any shop you can get a mechanic on a bad day. Poo happens.
This. It is almost inevitable that some less-than-perfect work will come out of almost any shop. Nature of the beast. I think Harper, MF, and 129 Euro are all great choices.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Personally, i take mine and my wifes cars to 129 for service and repair, but this is because my wife and Tom's sister grew up together so i know i can trust him with our vehicles. as stated before, Tom can be very direct and he's usually slammed so if he's short, that's probably why. I know from my experience and others that Tom does good work and, last i asked him, he warranties his work for 3mos/12k miles. They are also an authorized APR dealer.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)