What have you done to your car

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TBailey

Re: What have you done to your car

Post by TBailey »

That's good advice. I need to look closer at the STM rules and make sure we're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

TBailey wrote:That's good advice. I need to look closer at the STM rules and make sure we're good to go.

About that...we're kinda in the middle of hashing out STM rules. As it sits right now, you should be fine as long as you haven't modified or removed factory roll over protection without replacing it with a good roll bar or cage. If you have any questions, there are several guys that can provide guidance specific to your car.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
TBailey

Post by TBailey »

Ok. I am adding a cage, but all the pillars are in place. But it is def a race car at this point.

steverife

Post by steverife »

It is the Porsche, right? Cage wouldn't even matter for a hardtop. It'll fit in STM.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TBailey

Post by TBailey »

Yes sir. 944. I'll plan on STM, then.

EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

I picked up a battery charger for the winter months. STM should be fun this year!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Bradley, if you are going to run stm this year, remember that our match tour national event at Bristol will have stm in it and it will have it's own pax and as soon as Harmer gets back to his office he will play around with some numbers for stm pax.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I've got new ferrodo pads for the car.. Ordering a new adjustable front bar and end links.
Next is all new hubs all around.
Kim and i are working out a new paint scheme and graphics for the car too. Might not have that ready for dixie, depends on the weather.
Now that the Bristol project is basically behind me I can start getting weekends back
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

jcox07 wrote:Bradley, if you are going to run stm this year, remember that our match tour national event at Bristol will have stm in it and it will have it's own pax and as soon as Harmer gets back to his office he will play around with some numbers for stm pax.
Cool, I do plan on playing in STM this year... along with as many track days as possible.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

I added 115 hp and about 600 pounds. Oh, and put skinnier tires on..... :oops: :roll:
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

What size rims and tires do you have Dave?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
bugdewde

Post by bugdewde »

It's been a tough week for the Vega and me ........

Out with the auto trans...... that fell off the hitch rack at about 35 mph..... Demolishing the case and pan.

In favor of an old '77 Chevy Monza T50 five-speed.

Encountering a ton of unexpected issues.
Trans, crossmember and driveshaft are from a previous 215-powered Vega I had back in the early 2000s. Sooooo ..... everything should bolt right up. Right?
Seems this 215's motor mounts are slightly further back than the first 215-powered Vega I had back then. NICE.
---NONE of my multiple H-body driveshafts fit correctly.... gotta get another one made :x
---The front of the trans crossmember hits the transmission case.... requiring clearancing :roll:
---Two torque arm brackets were cannibalized to get close to fitting the oddball length. :rockon:
---Once everything was finally successfully bolted up (mockup), the exhaust manifold is directly in the line of the clutch cable (Buick 300 manifold vs the original 215's manifold) . :?

All this hassle for a super-weak rated trans (worse than a non-world class T-5) that will surely break with the 2.56 LSD which will provide WAY too much traction for the T-50. I've broken several of these trans with a mild V6 and an open diff Vega back in the day..... I'm not real smart putting one in front of an LSD.
(but it's a grocery getter.... not an autocrosser. It's a grocery getter..... not an autocrosser. IT'S A GROCERY GETTER,........... NOT... AN AUTOCROSSER!!!!)
integra55

Post by integra55 »

me thinks thou dus protest too much :lol2:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
TedV

Post by TedV »

Dwight, sounds like you enjoy pain. You should wrench on some VW's... :x Oh, wait.. :lol: :wink:

Yup, just a grocery getter. How fast are ya gonna go get them groceries? :fight: at every red light and curve. :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

jcox07 wrote:What size rims and tires do you have Dave?
JY, it has 9"x19" front and 9.5"x19" rears. The tires are Pirelli P Zero, fronts are 255/40ZR19, the rears are 275/40ZR19.
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3