FS/FT: 1999 Subaru 2.5rs 2 door rallyx car.

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
dakar318

FS/FT: 1999 Subaru 2.5rs 2 door rallyx car.

Post by dakar318 »

I am looking to sell my rallyx car. I really don't rallyx enough, but it has been a great competitive car when I've ran.

First off the car has a Florida certificate of destruction. Meaning it can't be rebuilt and put on the road again.
The damage to the car was a very low hit that pushed the front core support to the drivers side. The frame rail did contact the motor and broke a valve cover bolt. I have since lightly pulled that frame rail off the motor, but the core support is still pushed over.

engine:
121k miles
AC blows super cold which is amazing for summer rallyx events.
I put a new refurb. Battery in it 2 months ago which is holding its charge nicely.
the engine is surprisingly clean considering the mileage.

1999 cars had mass air flow sensors like mine.
The car has service records for oil and other fluid changes since 75 in the glove box.
I did put new valve cover gaskets on the car along with new plugs before the dynatorch south east divisional rallyx.

The body:
The front bumper is pretty bad.
Fenders are decent but have a few dents
Head lights have broken glass
Missing the rear wing
The passenger door handle has been ripped off.... no idea why, it looks as if someone broke into the car that way. I safety wired a exterior pull handle to get through tech inspection.
I have the side skirts in the trunk of the car
Sunroof works.

Interior:
it is dusty and dirty from rallyx events. But in excellent overall shape, I was really surprised.
The shifter needs a new shifter bushing which is common.
Windows work, wipers work, CD player works. ABS light on the dash is on because I pulled the fuse for it for rallyxing. (Advise I got from charles wright, 2.5rs driver / rallyx national champion.)

The rest of the drive train:
The car pulls great and is very fast for rallyx. My times were faster than almost all the turbo subarus.
the brakes are not that great, but have tons of life left. The brake job is documented in the glove box.
there is a loud roaring noise from the rear of the car when I drive the car through the neighborhood. Wheels bearings seemed good when I checked for play. Could just need good fluid in the drivetrain.

wheels are stock with 225/50/16 tires with excellent tread. The tires came off my 55k mile fd rx7 when I bout It 3 years ago. The tires are old, but served me well for a 2nd place finish at a national event... and I was the ONLY one running street tires.

I would like to get 2000 for the car. It's not quiet the $500 rallyx beater we all dream of, but it is actually a nice car that should go to someone looking to rally or build a race car from.

located in Huntsville alabama... bring a trailer.
Email richard h pannell at Gmail . Com
Call/ text 256 541. 4903

Last edited by dakar318 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dakar318

Re: FS/FT: 1999 Subaru 2.5rs 2 door rallyx car.

Post by dakar318 »

Engine bay
dakar318

Post by dakar318 »

Bump obo
dakar318

Post by dakar318 »

Bump $ 1500 obo