2003 Miata ClubSport Clone, STR prepped

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
jhix33

2003 Miata ClubSport Clone, STR prepped

Post by jhix33 »

If you have been to a Tennessee, Chattanooga, or Huntsville autocross in the past 2 years, you have probably seen this car. It is nearly full-prep for STR, and capable of top PAX locally with the right driver.

2003 Emerald Green Mica, Base model 5-spd
~196K miles, original owner kept it until 172K; I purchased the car from the 2nd owner in Jan 2013, installed all the mods and have used it only for autocross, garage kept
-ClubSport conversion: A/C and power steering delete (Manual steering rack purchased new from Mazda), soft top delete, radio/speakers delete, power antenna delete
-OEM paint matched hardtop in good condition

-Xida-S Gen 1 (AST 5100) coilovers with 700/400 springs, billet top mounts, and helper springs
-1.25" Racing Beat front swaybar with 949 endlinks
-Delrin upper control arm bushings
-Wilwood brake kit from Good-Win Racing with 2-piece slotted rotors all around (rotors are the same diameter as stock, since all 03+ came with the "Sport" rear brakes). Hawk HPS front, HP+ rear pads with less than 1 season on them.

-Racing Beat header
-RoadsterSport midpipe with HFC, Magnaflow axleback (rear section can be replaced with a turndown in 5-10 mins)
-DDM Stage 2 intake (not STR legal bc of the intake baffle rule - no one has complained at the 3 national tours I've been to, but I planned to replace it)
-GarageStar lightweight water pump & alternator pulleys
-Dyno tuned on Greddy E-Manage Ultimate & Boomslang harness

-'99 Torsen 4.3 diff
-Delrin diff mounts
-SuperMiata polyurethane engine mounts
-Delrin steering rack mounts
-MiataRoadster tall/angled short shifter
-2.5lb Ballistic battery

Comes with your choice of Advanti Storm S1 15x9 gray w/ 75% Hankook RS3 V2 225/45/15 or 15x9 6UL silver w/ 50% BFG Rival 225/45/15.

No leaks or mechanical issues. If left idling for a long time, such as sitting in a long grid line, it will occasionally throw a code for "Idle RPM higher than expected." I haven't bothered to investigate why, but I suspect the IAC valve just needs to be cleaned. The clockspring or some other wiring was damage during the steering rack swap (steering wheel spun while disconnected from rack) so there is a dash light on for the airbag. Should be an easy fix, but again it hasn't bothered me so I've put it off. It does have dings and scratches as expected on a 196K mile car. I have most of the OEM parts that were removed, and they are included if you want them.

$7900 OBO
I don't have room for 3 cars, so it needs to go soon. Make me an offer.

Located in Murfreesboro, TN.
Text preferred: 931-580-7036

Last edited by jhix33 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
jhix33

Re: 2003 Miata ClubSport Clone, STR prepped

Post by jhix33 »

FULL ALBUM OF PHOTOS HERE: http://s693.photobucket.com/user/jarrod ... 03%20Miata

The biggest cosmetic issue is a wide but shallow dent just behind the passenger door where I tried to squeeze out of the garage and scraped. There are some shallow scrapes there too, most of which would probably buff out. The other issue is on the upper middle driver door, just to the front of the door handle. I applied a "X" with masking tape at an event in 100 degree heat and it baked on. The process of removing the residue with a plastic scraper and Goof-Off unknowingly scraped away some clear coat, leaving a dull spot and a bunch of shallow scratches. Most or all of it might buff out, but I'm not sure. I tried to capture these the best I could, but they are barely noticeable in the pictures.

jhix33

Post by jhix33 »

Price drop to $7900.

I had a compression test done today:
Cyl 1: 180
Cyl 2: 180
Cyl 3: 180
Cyl 4: 185

Maintenance records from the first owner (up to 172k) are included on the CarFax I ran when I bought the car, including a timing belt change at 170k. Since I've owned it, the oil has been changed regularly with Mobil1 Synthetic every 6 months, trans & diff fluid replaced yearly, and the coolant was flushed/replaced this summer. For the past 2 years, it has been garage kept and only used for autocross.
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

Not going to lie. Your car popping up for sale makes me regret building my K series Civic. GLWS. Sent the info a a friend who has been looking for a Miata.
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer