2004 Mazda RX8 for sale set up for C-Street

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Mark McCrary

2004 Mazda RX8 for sale set up for C-Street

Post by Mark McCrary »

After talking with the wife on next years plans autocross will not be a very high priority so I am going to offer up the RX8 for sale. This car is pretty much exactly the as when Chris owned it except I have re-finished the factory wheel and put new tires on them for daily driving. Many hours of cleaning cone marks from Ryan :lol: At the last autocross I missed a shift and now the throw out bearing or input shaft is making noise. Its not real bad but its there and I am leaning toward the input shaft.The transmission noise may never become a issue but it may. Very fun car to drive and definitely the most fun car for the money.

$4995 w/o the OZ wheels or $5700 with the wheels/130 run RE71's
Last edited by Mark McCrary on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
thrdeye

Re: 2004 Mazda RX8 for sale set up for C-Street

Post by thrdeye »

Well damn. Just a note, something in the trans has always made a very minor noise with the clutch out and sitting in neutral. Maybe you are just now noticing it.

Uhh anyway I'll vouch for the car. :D

Kevin Lindley was really interested in this as a track car. Might get with him.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Maybe that is the case. I just really noticed it after and figured it was after the shift. Its not bad... I may just have been paranoid with the missed shift and started listening to everything. I really like it and if nothing else will run the car at Bristol. Rachel and I want to do some traveling next year before the kiddos go to school and a anniversary trip which will kill my vacation time. Its obviously cheap enough that its no big deal if it doesn't sell to play with when I can. I told my self I was going to drive it a lot and well it has done like the FRS I have put 10 miles on it except for the autocrosses. Whenever I get another autocross car I will make myself make it my only car so it will get used. Honestly I feel bad putting it up so early but I deep down know it will sit in the garage all winter and most of next year. Someone might as well get some good use out of it. lol
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Reduced. $5500 for everything.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Sold
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

sold
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Mark McCrary

Sold

Post by Mark McCrary »

[quote="Mark McCrary"]After talking with the wife on next years plans autocross will not be a very high priority so I am going to offer up the RX8 for sale. This car is pretty much exactly the as when Chris owned it except I have re-finished the factory wheel and put new tires on them for daily driving. Many hours of cleaning cone marks from Ryan :lol: At the last autocross I missed a shift and now the throw out bearing or input shaft is making noise. Its not real bad but its there and I am leaning toward the input shaft.The transmission noise may never become a issue but it may. Very fun car to drive and definitely the most fun car for the money.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

where'd it end up?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3