TN Dub's Website Launched

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Drov

TN Dub's Website Launched

Post by Drov »

Earlier this month we launched our all new website with many features. One of those is SCCA links on our homepage to your perspective region. Our URL is www.tndubs.com just like before! We hope you'll stop by and check out our new home.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

...moved this topic to the appropriate section...
- Dave Disney
Drov

Post by Drov »

How is this topic for the classified section?
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Advertisement. Nice website. I like the radio part.. :)
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
whenry

Post by whenry »

disneyd wrote:...moved this topic to the appropriate section...
Actually I've been thinking recently that we may need to set up some rules for posting by non-SCCA or commercial types. I would not want to get too complicated or unfriendly but we have been getting some spam recently. Any ideas or comments?
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Doesn't bother me as long as it is on-topic (cars / racing / etc.). I like to hear about local services... might come in handy some Friday night when I find something broken on the ol' overgrown go-kart.
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

Well, you know that it aint going to be found at Advance, Pep Boys or any of the other similar stores. I cant even find Miata stuff at some places. Luckily I have one local store that will work with me.
You have to deal with the spam stuff so if it dont bother you, I'll not worry about it.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
tscott

Post by tscott »

They have a link to our page so I think a thread about their site is fair.
Tyler Scott
Drov

Post by Drov »

First of all, I'm not spamming. There are many guys on here that belong to our organization and I simply wanted to invite others to our website since we have a lot to offer even the non-VW people.

Second, I think that there should be more than 2 forums on this message board. Placing my post in the Classified's seems like the website is for sale or something or as if we have something to sale.

Just my .02 cents.
whenry

Post by whenry »

Drov, I didnt mean to acuse you of "spamming" Your post however did bring up an issue that I had been meaning to discuss. We havent had as many issues in this area as some other lists or message boards that I monitor but I wanted to gauge the groups opinion while I had the opportunity. As they say, the tribe has spoken.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Drov

Post by Drov »

I think that if a new forum was added for General Discussion purposes only, things like this thread could be placed in there and discussed accordingly. I am the Chairman of TN Dub's and we have graciously placed your link in our links section. Normally, we ask for a link exchange or our sponsors only make it in there but since some of your guys have added some great info to our forums, we gave back and added your link to our website that's accumulated over 13,000 hits in only 4 days.
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I like the website. I think it will draw more interest to the club. I am going to try to get my VW manage to look at your site. Maybe he will do something to get a like to there website. VW is getting bigger and bigger in the Southeast.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Drov

Post by Drov »

Mark McCrary wrote:I like the website. I think it will draw more interest to the club. I am going to try to get my VW manage to look at your site. Maybe he will do something to get a like to there website. VW is getting bigger and bigger in the Southeast.
Mark,

Thanks for the help. We are currently working with Harper's VW here in Knoxville on some great promotions and they are letting us take out any VW or Audi we like to do write up's on and to test out. Our next test drive is going to be the Touraeg (Sp?) so stay tuned for that.
Drov

Post by Drov »

Dearest Members,

I have been informed by 2 of your members here that my posts may have been out of line. Let me explain something to you guys. I hate the internet for the simple fact that emotions and tone of voice can not be felt. So, my former posts about TN Dub's was simply to let everyone that drives a VW know that we have a new website now and that we're not just forum based. I know in the past someone posted about our forums and I wanted to show that we now have a website. Also, I was not trying to tell you guys how to run the forum. I simply added a couple of constructive points that may help this forum become a better, more interactive place to post. With only 2 forums, I thought maybe you guys were up to a suggestive third but I guess I was wrong. I do appologize if I upset anyone as I was not trying to Spam or tell you how to run this great forum.

Cordially,

Drov
Last edited by Drov on Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Don't worry about it :D

Bring those Dubs out to an autocross!
- Dave Disney