WTB: 1994/1995 Mazda Miata

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
disneyd
Site Admin

WTB: 1994/1995 Mazda Miata

Post by disneyd »

I'm looking for a 94/95 Miata... cheap.

I don't care if it needs: engine work (or replacement), paint job, sheetmetal work (doors, fenders, hood, bumpers).

I don't care if it has a salvage title, but I don't want one that needs any major frame work, also I would prefer one that hasn't been hit in the rear and has decent interior. I'd also like a complete car (not one that has been picked over for parts).

Basically, I'm looking for a 1.8L car (with the bigger axle that will take a torsen). I'm wanting to turn it into a daily driver / rainy day autocrosser.

I don't want to spend over $1500 for the car. $1000 would be better. If anyone sees anything like that, please let me know.
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

Dave, as the local expert on sourcing Miata, take a drive on Clinton Highway or similar "low dollar" motor miles since you are truly looking for a bottom feeder at your price range. I doubt that you can find a 1.8 for your budget. I just sold a '97 with NO title for $3000 and purchased my most recent salvage project for $2000. Your other option is Verastar.com. Generally your price range will only get a very early and rough 1.6.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Well, I don't know the Miata market very well, so I'm open to expanding my budget if I have to.... how about $2500?

I definitly want at least a '94, so if you see a deal somewhere, lemme know!

I'll go check out Clinton Hwy and see what I can find. I'm not in a huge hurry (September/October is my target), so I've got time to wait out a good deal.

Thanks
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

Ive got a "good" rear clip from '95 M car so if we could find a front clip you could do surgery. The '95 was running real good when it hit the pole. I have sold the hardtop and most of the interior to pay back the purchase price and intend to keep the running gear and BBS wheels for my own projects.
Talk with Mark Irwin who regularly cruises the salvage sales and he can be watching for a project car. My used car contacts find a couple of cars per yr but they are usually low-end cars that are quite used up.
It is possible to find that rare cherry Miata with low miles and a "have to" seller but you should make a trip to Cherokee on the same day if you know what I mean.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
silvertnwrx

FYI

Post by silvertnwrx »