FS: C-Mod 1983 Van Diemen Formula Ford 1600 For Sale

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
emohn

FS: C-Mod 1983 Van Diemen Formula Ford 1600 For Sale

Post by emohn »

83 Van Diemen Formula Ford, Model VD83, chassis #686, set up for C Modified autox. Brake bias, inside adjustable sway bar, on board battery plus outboard battery connection, Hewland gearbox (integral 1st gear), and 2-event-old Hoosier R25A slicks. Comes with custom made 2 wheel open trailer with ramps, tire rack and tie down straps. Everything works and its ready to run as is without any issues. The bodywork is not the prettiest and there are cracks in the gelcoat here and there, but it starts, runs, and drives smoother than many of the rest of the CMod field in KYR (of which there are *eleven* cars).

Asking less than I have in it at $6,500.

Click on any of these thumbnails for a larger image.

Frame is in great shape. No sign of wrecks. Car is equipped with SuperShox and was recently corner weighted and aligned. Autocross gearing with integral first gear. I should mention that the spare wheels and tires shown on the trailer in the fourth and fifth pictures were sold off previously and won't be included. I'm trying to track down the logbook from previous owners, but do not have it currently.

Trailer is road worthy and ready to pull across the country. Have title for the trailer as well.

This thing is a seriously fun car and has been reliable and fast for me over the last year or so. Has won our local CMod class of 11 Formula Fords the last points even this year and has been no more than a couple spots off FTD (damn B-Mod and F125's) several times this season. I just need to trim down my fleet and storage needs a bit - probably heading in a different direction this coming season. Car is located in Louisville, KY.

Contact me via email at erik.mohn (at) gmail.com if interested.

Erik Mohn
Kentucky Region SCCA