90 Miata for sale!!!

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Mark McCrary

90 Miata for sale!!!

Post by Mark McCrary »

I am selling the street Miata.
The good: It has 146,700 miles
Top is 2 years old the window is crystal clear.
15X7 Wolf face wheels. Look like Panasports.
Paint is in fair condition. It is original. East TN headlights.
KYB adjustable Shocks with lowering springs. Eibach front and rear sway bars. Flying Miata Strut tower brace.
Jackson Racing cold air intake. Moss Header. RX-7 airflow meter. Smaller underdrive pully.
Tires are in good condition in the rear and the tires on the front have about 3K miles on them. Ice cold A/C.
Interier is in good condition. The battery is 1 year old.
The bad:
The left front brake pad has a missing spring so it rattles.
The car needs a Transmission.
I will take $2000 for it. I am FIRM on the price. If I can not sell it for that I will fix it.
Thanks,
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
whenry

Post by whenry »

I think that I have a buyer for that car. I wont tell them about the prior owner. Dont sell it yet, Mark.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
tscott

Post by tscott »

I' heard the previous owner of that car was a bit shady and is quite the wild man! :twisted:
Tyler Scott
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Hmmm, what's wrong with the tranny? What color is it?
- Dave Disney
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

It is red.
The tranny is doing the same thing it did before. I was driving the car today and I was in 5th gear and stopped and put it in neutral and it was in reverse. I put the shifter where it should be in 1st but it just stalls when you let out the clutch. I am going to see if there is a easy fix. It maybe just the linkage. I want to make sure before I let it go but there is something wrong. I think it is in the transmission. If it is the transmission I will definatly sell it becuase I can't afford to fix it. I need to money to pay for my shocks.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'll take it if you decide to sell.... just lemme know.
- Dave Disney
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I will try to let you know today if I will for sure sale it. I am 90% I am though. Like I said before I was planning on selling it at the end of summer anyway. I am just going to talk to the guy who rebuilt the tranny and see what he says.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
whenry

Post by whenry »

What is it with the Greenback guys who want the same car? I guess that we'll have to let Dave and Matt meet at the drugstore and fight it out over the Miata. The tranny deal is pretty common(I think that it is the reverse selector that is loose)and will just require adjustment but you have to drop the tranny to do it.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
DarthMazda

Post by DarthMazda »

I would like to see the car. When would the best time to be to come look at the car? I will be out of town this weekend at the Formula Drift in ATL. SO i guess Disney will beat me to it!
I go to Kingsport all the time, where abouts do you live?

I did my share of work on that car when Wayne had it so i know its a good car.
Matt Graves
93 BMW 325
83 RX-7 -5.0L

www.americanpowertrain.com
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

The car has been sold.
Thanks for everyone's interest. I sold it to the first guy to say that he would buy the car. So hopefully we will not have to go to the drug store and battle it out. :)
I hope you enjoy it Dave. Best of luck to you on making it what you want it to be. If you turbo it in the future you have to let me drive it up the road. :)
Thanks,
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
DarthMazda

Post by DarthMazda »

Anybody have a Miata for sale?
Matt Graves
93 BMW 325
83 RX-7 -5.0L

www.americanpowertrain.com
whenry

Post by whenry »

Not sure what Dave wants to make it to be because it is already one of the fastest streetable N/A Miata that I know of. At any rate I'll be willing to help develop it further. I'm in the process of attempting to repeat the same car on the "new" red '90. Have fun Dave.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'm just planning on using it as my daily drivin', gettin' good gas mileage, having fun on the daily commute, car. I will probably put a 1.8 in it if the 1.6 ever develops any serious problems. I'm also going to keep a look out for a NB rear end w/torsen.

I'm not really crazy about the fixed headlight setup (are they BSP?). Anyone know where I can source (or trade) some stock assemblies?

Also, anyone know where I can find some factory tie-down hooks? Someone seems to have removed them :o and it looks like I'll be trailering it a bit until I get a chance to fiddle with the tranny.
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

I have all the parts that you need. Including teeth, Torsen and OEM headlights(in red). I wonder where I got those? Call me next week and we can make arrangements or just wait til the meeting
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner