'86 Civic Hatchback Si for Sale

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
firingonfour

'86 Civic Hatchback Si for Sale

Post by firingonfour »

'86 Honda Civic Hatchback Si

1.5 liter, 5 speed manual transmission.
Has the following new parts recently installed: timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, battery, K&N air filter, muffler, Koni adjustable struts (the yaller ones), brake rotors and pads.

Asking $2,000 (That's what I have in it, minus the labor of course).

Thanks,
Andy
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Andy - What are you getting in its place? Are you leaving GS?
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Hey McCrary, weren't you looking for something like this?
- Dave Disney
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

I'm hoping to get something with a little more umpf. There's a hot little red number I've had my eye on (if it hasn't sold yet). I'll still be in GS, though. I'm in grad school, so I'm selling everything I own to get this next car. Current cars, a mountain bike, guns, plasma (you get more $$ for it than blood).
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Good deal. I thought GS was losing a driver. We had a good showing at Oak Ridge!
I just finished grad school a couple years ago so I'll be paying those loans off forever. Good luck with all that.
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

I'm having a great time in GS, and Oak Ridge was a complete gas despite the rain. Uncle Roy's million-mile, bargain basement street tires on wet pavement: Priceless! Talk about a learning experience.
TedV

Post by TedV »

I don't have a use for a Honda, but I might have a use for the mountain bike and guns.

Why do I feel like the sheriffs dept. will be investigating after a comment like that??
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

I wasn't kidding about the bike and guns, Ted. What do you want to know about 'em?
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

How many miles on it. I might be interested.
If you still have it Sunday and you are down at William Blount I will talk to you about it.
Thanks,
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
TedV

Post by TedV »

If you are going to be out at Willie B this weekend I'll talk to you there about em. On both counts the usual, made by?, type? size?, condition, etc.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

Mark,
Just saw your old WTB post. I was just thinking that if you didn't want the Koni struts on the car, I'd come down on the price some. This is assuming I can put them on the next thing I plan to buy (not sure it's possible, though). This is definitely an A to B, utilitarian car if you make it a daily.

I will be at William Blount both days. It has 230K miles on it (a lot), but I haven't had ANY problems out of the engine, and I've owned it almost a year now. I've even been driving it quite a bit on a semi-daily basis for the last several months. All the work I did eight months ago was needed, but it's all preventative maintenance. I'm not sure what he had done, but my uncle said he put $1600 in the car before I got it. It also has new seat belt hardware in both the front seats, and a new master cylinder that I forgot to mention.
See you this weekend,
-Andy
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

SOLD! The hatchback lives in Michigan now! Just so noone worries, it's still in the auto-x family. It will be well fed and cared for. So much for step 1: Out with the old :( Step 2: In with the older :wink:

-Andy
Step 3: Learn to drive