Shop to assemble an engine

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
Buck05Sti

Shop to assemble an engine

Post by Buck05Sti »

Can anyone recommend me a shop to assemble an engine? It would be a Saturn twin cam. These engines surly arent anything oddball, but i dont have the space or the special tools to assemble an engine on my own, must less the expertise. Not looking for anything crazy. Wildest work i'd need done would be decking the head and making sure the cylinder bores are true. This would be a "I bring you the parts, you assemble it/(maybe) install the engine."
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
MARKP

Re: Shop to assemble an engine

Post by MARKP »

I rarely badmouth anyone online but I can tell you to stay away from Smokey View Machine Shop in Maryville.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

I know a fantastic machine shop in the Alcoa area. B&B Performance Engines is the only machine shop I trust to work on my short blocks. I'm just not sure about their appetite to do a stock style rebuild on a Saturn. I'm sure they would do the machine work...I'm just not sure about the assembly.

I have had a good experience with B&R on Chapman Highway but it was two decades ago. I think they would be more inline with the type of work you are needing done.
SSM 96/196
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I have no comment on a saturn engine. Everyone I have known with one of them has bought something else after they broke. You be HARD CORE DUDE.
Bob Colbert
TedV

Post by TedV »

Where is Gunney when ya need him?
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's