Official Hotel for the ETR Autocross School.

Important Announcements
CABoegemann

Official Hotel for the ETR Autocross School.

Post by CABoegemann »

Here's the contact info.

Jameson Inn
3160 East Andrew Johnson Highway (11-E)
Greeneville, TN 37745
(423)638-7511 Front desk. (423)638-8956 fax

The flat rate is $62.00+tax per room. You will have your choice of one king size bed or 2 doubles. Tell the reservationist you are with the SCCA Driving School. If there is a problem ask for Lisa Douthat.

The Jameson Inn was the best value I could find. You get a real breakfast each morning, there's a pool, high speed connections, cable, etc. There's a FATZ CAFE and BAR out front (I'm working on a discount and our own room), and Wal-Mart's across the street. It's about a mile from MECO so race tires could be left on Saturday Night... or change tires and go cruise The Commons. :wink:

Questions :?:

BTW the cheapest hotel was $58.00, but :( :!:
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

With the SCCA discount, the Comfort Inn is $58.39 plus tax. Anything wrong with it? If I stay here I get points toward some free nights at any of the Choice Hotels.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

$4 more for a real breakfast (if it's included in the price) sounds like a good deal to me. If you share a room with someone else, it's only $2 more.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Same amenities and I snore! :lol:
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

scottgib wrote:With the SCCA discount, the Comfort Inn is $58.39 plus tax. Anything wrong with it? If I stay here I get points toward some free nights at any of the Choice Hotels.
No, there's nothing wrong with The Comfort Inn. It's a good Hotel. I could only get the clerk to go as low as their normal AAA discount. $65. I returned twice to talk to the manager and he was too busy to talk to me so I went down the road. The Jameson was allot more receptive and friendly. Also the Jameson breakfast looked great. Bisquets and gravy, eggs, waffles, fruit, 3 kinds of juice, etc.

I will go back to the Comfort Inn and try again if there are others that are saving "Comfort Points." I usually stay at Comfort Inns myself for the same reason. I just got tired of being ask if I could come back later to speak to the manager.

I'd say the biggest advantage the Jameson has is a decent restaraunt in the parking lot. Those that want to leave their race tires on wouldn't have to drive anywhere to eat. Other than that, and the breakfast, the Comfort Inn is about the same. There are only 2 other hotels I would even consider. The Hampton Inn and the General Morgan. The Hampton was $70.00+ and the General Morgan is about double that.

Scott, do you know who you spoke with, or did you get that rate online?
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

MARKP wrote:$4 more for a real breakfast (if it's included in the price) sounds like a good deal to me. If you share a room with someone else, it's only $2 more.
Mark, did they tell you it would be 2 more dollars for double occupancy? I was told that $62.00 was a flat rate for the room and that double occupancy was included. ?
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

CABoegemann wrote: Mark, did they tell you it would be 2 more dollars for double occupancy? I was told that $62.00 was a flat rate for the room and that double occupancy was included. ?
I haven't talked to anybody.

$62.00
-----------
$4.00 / 2 people = $2 per person :)
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story