Attention AOL Users

Important Announcements
disneyd
Site Admin

Attention AOL Users

Post by disneyd »

For some reason, America On-Line has decided that we send them too many e-mails. They won't tell me what too many is, but I'm guessing that with PM notifications and watched thread notifications the board probably sends less than ten e-mails out a day to addresses at aol.com. At any rate AOL apparently considers us to be spammers.

Apparently AOL can't handle that and is currently blocking any e-mails sent from here to AOL addresses. This means that AOL users will not get PM notifications or other correspondance from the forum.

I have applied for (and been granted) white list authorization from AOL, which should have corrected the problem... but it hasn't changed anything. Personally, I don't think they know how to turn on a light switch there.

So, the short story is... if you insist on using AOL for your internet service, you might want to get a gmail account and start using that for your e-mail.

Thanks.
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

I dont need the PM notification myself. You get a prompt at the top of the page anyway. I guess that I could use the Bellsouth addy if absolutely necessary but I'd forget to check it.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner