3/5/06 Adesa Event Announcement

Important Announcements
MARKP

3/5/06 Adesa Event Announcement

Post by MARKP »

Due to the large numbers of entrants we are expecting and the desire to maximize the space we will have for the course, we will not be allowing any vehicles inside the fence other than race cars. Spectator cars and trailers will not be allowed inside the fence.

With the turnout we are expecting, we will have several run groups so you should have an opportunity to have a break during the day. It will be very important that you attend and listen to the driver's meeting so you will know when you will be working and running.

This will be mentioned at the driver's meeting also, but I thought it would also be good to mention it here. In the past, we have had some issues with trash being left behind at the events. If we want to continue to use these sites and be good neighbors, it is very important that we leave the sites in a condition as good as, if not better than, when we got there. Please be sure to dispose of your own trash and pick up anything you might see that someone else left behind.

This should be a very good event at an excellent site. Hope to see everyone there!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

In addition, Tony Bolton and myself also know many local police officers. If anyone is noticed driving like an asshat (spinning tires, etc) on any of the roads near Adesa we will not hesitate to call for assistance. Pilson is also swift on his feet and has run down at least 4 cars at the Oak Ridge site we used to use.

We do not want anyone, especially someone that is not an SCCA member, jeopardizing this site for us!

I realize most of the people that this would apply to would not be on our message board, as they will probably be spectators that just "show up" but if you notice anything like this, please bring it to our attention.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
whenry

Post by whenry »

Actually we may have several officers attending either to play or to investigate club activities(note that I did not use the word "spectate").
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner