Change to Location of Message Board

Important Announcements
disneyd
Site Admin

Change to Location of Message Board

Post by disneyd »

In a day or two I am going to change the URL for the message board. Instead of being http://www.etrscca.org/sccaforum it will be something else.

You'll need to go to the main web page and click the message board link to get the new address. Then you can change your bookmarks and such.

I'm doing this to cut down on the number of spam bots finding our message board and creating accounts. I'm also going to add the message board to the robots.txt so that the search engines that follow the rules won't index the forum, maybe cutting down on the spammers being able to find the forum as easily.
- Dave Disney
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Cool. Two recent spammers here recently have made me appreciate being on a board that that crap doesn't infiltrate.

My Email/mailgaurd collects enough of their garbage.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Already deleted a spammer account :x
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I have noticed some message boards require a review of your account application before you are allowed to become a member that is able to post. I assume this is to help eliminate spammers. It's a pain in the rear but this might be something we want to consider if you guys are interested in a little extra work.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story