Knoxville Zoo?

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

The Zoo is expecting to lose a lot of money this year due to the intrstate shutting down. Maybe that will help our cause.
Crash477

Post by Crash477 »

hm... good to know
Steven Kornhaus
1987 Acura Legend Coupe LS
2006 Subaru STi (sold)
1989 BMW 325is (sold)
bikerecker

Post by bikerecker »

Repeat: the lots are owned by Chilhowie Park, not the Zoo. If you want to use them, you have to get the park manager's permission. Chilhowie makes money for the city, so they expect renumeration. Honda Hoot, gun shows, county fair, etc. all use the place.
Competition Vehicles in use:
Neon R/T (paralyzed, in need of Neurosurgery)
Orbea Lobular
Specialized M4
K2 Attack Cyclocross
Orbea Crono
Santa Cruz Superlight
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

The lot that could be used for autoX is co-managed and the zoo director has in past vetoed the idea. The park director wants us to use the lot.

I visited Rick Evans a couple of times, but in the end got nowhere with getting the lot. BTW, even if we could get in, it wouldn't be cheap.

Any new efforts here should be coordinated with our Solo Chair, David Dillow.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
TedV

Post by TedV »

there is another street survival course there this weekend. http://www.choochoobimmers.org/driving.html

WTF is the difference in impact between that and autocross? oh yeah, autocross is timed. :roll:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I was one of the instructors last year in the street survival class. Lots of fun.

This class is held accross the street on the south side of Magnolia where the fair is held. Although it is newly paved, it is still not quite big enough for an autoX. After they repaved it last year, Rick Evans called me to see if we could use it. I went up there and spent some time trying to figure out how to make it work. No cigar. However, it is ideal for the street survival course, although very expensive.

Oh, there is a big difference between the Street Survival course and and autocross. Far, far less black marks (although this is not an issue with Rick at either parking lot) and much less noise.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson