Hal Henard Elementary - Greeneville

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Yeah if it still the same surface we would tear it up pretty bad. Good try though. I have another lot I keep trying to get Curt to agree to but he is against it. OH well.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Wiggles wrote:Yeah if it still the same surface we would tear it up pretty bad. Good try though. I have another lot I keep trying to get Curt to agree to but he is against it. OH well.
What lot is that?

edit: O.K., you're talking about Hal Henard Elementary. I think it's a little small, but we could probably get in there.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T ... 0&Z=17&W=1

We could paddock on the street side and run the remaining "L" shaped part of the lot. It could be done.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Duh I have been telling you this. When you look at it from the satellite and compare it to Meco it seems MUCH larger. I could be wrong. Go to terraserver and type in 1500 Industrial road, you will then have to zoom east but it is there.

I know HH has the islands and drain deal but that doesn't cut into lot size because they are right there at the islands. DO you want me to see if we can get in??
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Is that baseball field next door professional size?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

thrdeye wrote:Is that baseball field next door professional size?
One is a baseball field the other is a softball field. I don't know which is which.

Let's start a Hal Henard thread.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I looked at MECO and Hal Henard.

At first, I thought the sattelite images were not of the same scale, but they are pretty damn close.

Hal Henard seems to be about 75% bigger than MECO

Is there a separate space we could use for paddock???
Chris Harp
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

No. You can see a slight line going across the lot. Thats an island, so we would paddock on the street side of that line. That's why it's not as big as it appears. There is additional parking on the other side of the building and at Greeneville middle school on the other side of the ballfields.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Ouch.

Still worth getting some pics of if you can. May be a little bigger than MECO with the L factored in.
Chris Harp
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

I totally agree that HH may not be quite what we are looking for, BUT when you are looking for ANYTHING it seems like it might be ok. You can park and grid and still see the course, you don't have to go through sticker bushes or anything like that to get to everything. There are several fast food places just down the street too. It seems more user friendly than some. That is all assuming we can get it.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

We'll go measure it and take some pics today.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

It is the high school baseball field. The one in the bottom left of the pic.
I know that doesn't answer the professional size question. but whatever is legal in high school play. that's it.
Last edited by Wiggles on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaeWooHoo

Post by DaeWooHoo »

are the images accurate on terra? i know the kingsport image is from 1997 and TONS has changed since then. just a thought :wink:
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

The HH image is accurate. I agree it is REAL old but nothing has changed. I work next door.
the b man

Post by the b man »

Greeneville would be a better drive for me than Lenoir City or WBHS . I mite be able to get up early enuff to make it . :D
and i just look at the schedule EHS :rockon: I bet I'll haft to work :cry:
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I just got back from HH. I believe the lot, by square footage, is a bit BIGGER than MECO. The rest of the facility is great. Bathrooms close by. A spectator area with picnic tables, shade, and a playground. A bunch of paddock area. A perfect place to grid the cars. Wendy's, SubWay, and McD's a 1/4 mile away and Advance Auto Parts about a mile away. Easy to find. Even a nice view of the mountains.

I didn't take any pictures because school just let out and there are cars everywhere. I'll get some next weekend when it's empty.

Heather 's boss and assistant principal of GMS is going to talk to Ken Faye, the principal of Hal Henard, and see if we can get in for a single race and just see how it works out.

Cross your fingers.

Edit: Add, no poles or islands. There are two curbs running across the lot, but they make a double lane for grid the separates the course from the paddock. :wink: Oh, and there are no cliffs!
Last edited by CABoegemann on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S