The old Mason-Dixon lot on 11 W in kingsport

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
the b man

The old Mason-Dixon lot on 11 W in kingsport

Post by the b man »

the lot needs to be cleaned up there glass along the tree side of the back lot and there some gravel here and there .
here the back lot
and here the side lot
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Certainly looks big enough.

Is that pavement as rough as it appears in the photo? It looks like the Taylor/White pavement that ate tires at an awful rate.

Mark M.????
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I mentioned that one a couple of years ago but nothing ever seemed to come of it. The pavement was coarse but definitely not as bad as Taylor-White. It is probably similar to what William Blount was when we started running there.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
the b man

Post by the b man »

some spot are and some spot are not . I don't thank it's that bad but I've never autoX before and when I finally get to I'll be running street tires not race slicks . Ask someone that lives around here that autoX to look and see what they thank . I fond a another place that in good shape like new but it's next to a senior citizens home :(
hondafrk

Post by hondafrk »

Haha I run my tmaxx over there all the time, I live about 3 mins from there literally... One problem may be that, if i'm not mistaken, Wal-Mart has bought the property.......I may be wrong but thats what i've been told...
DaeWooHoo

Post by DaeWooHoo »

i saw this today and it reminded me....

the city of kingsport uses that lot for fire and police training. they set-up roadcourses and driving schools there for both the popo and for people who choose to go to school over paying the ticket :!:

if they can run on it, surely we can... it's just a matter of talking to the right people
hondafrk

Post by hondafrk »

DaeWooHoo wrote:i saw this today and it reminded me....
the city of kingsport uses that lot for fire and police training. they set-up roadcourses and driving schools there for both the popo and for people who choose to go to school over paying the ticket :!:
if they can run on it, surely we can... it's just a matter of talking to the right people
That is true..noticed that today too... :P
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

This is where I took the kart to go play and the pavement sucks. It would work I think it is a little narrow but it is long, but the paymant would just eat some tires.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street