Crossville locations

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
PushinTheLimit

Crossville locations

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Is Crossville considered ETR? I know they just built a new high school that has a pretty large parking lot. Its been awhile since I drove by it so I can't remember if it has alot of light poles or grassy areas. Its Stone Memorial High School. I've been looking for a new aerial shot of the school but I haven't been able to find a recent one since it was built about a year or two ago.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Micheal, i'm not sure but I believe I was told that Crossville was kinda stretchin' the boundaries. I chatted a bit with the owner/operator of I40 Dragway about doing something there, but not much came of it due to location. :(
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Crossville is within our boundries.

Disney, you may want to copy this jpg may to our server, as it may disappear from my web site eventually. Put in the "Chair Info" maybe?
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
steverife

Post by steverife »

Wow, Eastern Tennessee includes a large chunk of Kentucky. :lol:

I don't know if we'd want to go that far, but I bet there are some factories up there with some big lots.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

I didn't realize how big our area was. I used to live in Crossville and went to school there. I'll be up there a couple of weeks so I may do some scouting out and see what I can at least find. I know there has to be a few good parking lots with quite of bit of room up there.

Plus, I know its no farther to there as it is to Bristol... I guess the lot needs to be big enough to have everyone want to drive there for it.
steverife

Post by steverife »

goldeneagle_10 wrote:I didn't realize how big our area was. I used to live in Crossville and went to school there. I'll be up there a couple of weeks so I may do some scouting out and see what I can at least find. I know there has to be a few good parking lots with quite of bit of room up there.

Plus, I know its no farther to there as it is to Bristol... I guess the lot needs to be big enough to have everyone want to drive there for it.
...but it is a long way FROM Bristol.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

not cbring wrote:
goldeneagle_10 wrote:I didn't realize how big our area was. I used to live in Crossville and went to school there. I'll be up there a couple of weeks so I may do some scouting out and see what I can at least find. I know there has to be a few good parking lots with quite of bit of room up there.

...but it is a long way FROM Bristol.
Do we even have many people from Bristol that come to the ones in Knoxville? The same can be said for anyone living close to the Crossville area going to Bristol... its a long way.

Not trying to argue, but if they have something that is pretty big and they are open to us... I don't see why not.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

goldeneagle_10 wrote:
Not trying to argue, but if they have something that is pretty big and they are open to us... I don't see why not.
Exactly. We need to spread our seed.

But, yes, we do have quite a few folks from the tri-cities areas.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

not cbring wrote: ...but it is a long way FROM Bristol.
Steve lookin' out for us mountain folk. :rockon:
I'd be willing to drive it for a good lot though.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

thrdeye wrote:Exactly. We need to spread our seed.
I think they got rules on the book against that.

I'd be up for going out there if the lot were worth it. It is the EAST TENNESSEE region, right?
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

Please don't take it that way. I've driven to Kansas, Valdosta, etc (well to be technical, ridden). I don't mind driving to go to good events. AT ALL.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Thats what I mean... I wouldn't want to have an event there that the lot was so small that noone didnt really think it was worth the drive.

If its big enough, close to something like a Pellissippi or more.... then I think thats a good start.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

not cbring wrote:Please don't take it that way. I've driven to Kansas, Valdosta, etc (well to be technical, ridden). I don't mind driving to go to good events. AT ALL.
That wasn't directed to you, I know you don't have a problem trecking 8-10 hours if there is an autocross to be run - just stating my opinion. :lol:
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

thrdeye wrote:Exactly. We need to spread our seed.
you just got married, you best not be doing that.

if there is a lake of pavement, it's worth checking out. PSTCC isn't that awesome a lot and with not much else besides bristol, we need more places to run
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ChuckM

Harriman

Post by ChuckM »

Has anyone been back recently to check the lot in Harriman? I checked on it last January and all that was in there was a flea market.

Chuck Moore