Oak Ridge

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
swingdancr

Oak Ridge

Post by swingdancr »

I just heard about this the other day and construction is supposed to start in Spring 2009. :crosses fingers:
The Oak Ridge Reservation consists of over 24,000 acres of preserved natural terrain. The Heritage Center occupies 900 acres at the western edge of the reservation. There are over 20 miles of roads inside the center that will become part of the Oak Ridge municipality. Included are emergency, medical and kitchen facilities, with abundant parking capacity.

The K-25 building is at the heart of the Heritage Center. When remediation is complete, a 110 yd by 750 yd elevated peninsula will remain, offering excellent grandstand views of racing action. Plans are underway for the 300'x300' building at the north end of the peninsula to be used as a museum for preserving the history of this site.

The 34 turn (17L/17R) 3.7 mile road course will surround the museum and elevated spectator peninsula, providing an incredible view of racing action. The front stretch is 2700' while the back stretch will be a heart pounding 4,440'. The primary hot pit is 1820 feet with a secondary pit on the back stretch that is 1610 feet. Run-off area has been maximized to offer a fast, but safe racing experience. Short courses for schools, track days and club events will be available. Initial paddock area capacity will allow up to 48 - 75 foot haulers with awnings. Easy camping access and vendor sites will be at a premium for fan access.

For more information, visit their website: Thousand Suns Motorsports

I don't see it actually happening, but if it did......... whoa mama!
:twisted:
Josh Hankins
'90 Mazda Miata (impending 13B swap)
ddillow

Re: Oak Ridge

Post by ddillow »

swingdancr wrote:I just heard about this the other day and construction is supposed to start in Spring 2009. :crosses fingers:
As you may be keeping them crossed for a while, remember that you have to take periodic breaks to keep the blood flowing, or your hand may become useless for driving.