Panasonic.....

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
budjrfan

Panasonic.....

Post by budjrfan »

the Panasonic facility at forks of the river is in the process of shut down. anyone looked there yet?

5105 S National Dr, Knoxville, TN 37914-6527
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
ih8sndq

Re: Panasonic.....

Post by ih8sndq »

I worked there up until Sept of 2009. They are not shutting down, just moving all production to other facilities, i.e. countries. They are still doing engineering work there. I still have contacts for people there to talk to, just let me know who I need to give it to.
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

what's the size and condition of the back parking lot?
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
ih8sndq

Post by ih8sndq »

The back parking lot is pretty big and flat. It is in really good condition. I'm not sure if they will let it be used for autox since they have guards 24/7 there. I know one of the guys tried to do it a few years ago and it got shot down pretty quick, but that was when there were still doing production. Just let me know who I need to send the contact info, I don't want to post it on here.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

ih8sndq wrote:The back parking lot is pretty big and flat. It is in really good condition. I'm not sure if they will let it be used for autox since they have guards 24/7 there. I know one of the guys tried to do it a few years ago and it got shot down pretty quick, but that was when there were still doing production. Just let me know who I need to send the contact info, I don't want to post it on here.
you can PM it to me and I'll get it to Scott or Dave
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ih8sndq

Post by ih8sndq »

Ok, sounds good. I'll send it to you this afternoon after I get home and look it up.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Bumping this back up. I never got any info on it. But I was looking on Bing Maps and it's as big as PSCC with no curbs. There are poles, however.

Anyone have an "in"?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

A company is looking seriously at buying the facility. The county has already worked out a tax deal. It is a German company named Fresenius that makes dialysis equipment. I expect we will have to wait and see if they are going to operate on Sundays.

BTW this is a quality get for the county. They will likely employ 600 people and it is a large stable company that is not affected much by the general economy.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Saw that in the news paper,you think you can work it Scott?
Bob Colbert