Pavement Search Discussion Category

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
bugdewde

Rockwood/Harriman

Post by bugdewde »

Hey,
I live within a few miles of the old Wal-mart and the other abandoned strip mall next to the New Wal-mart in Rockwood. The surface isn't great but is useable. We used to hold our Ducks Unlimited and St. Jude's Children's Hospital benefits there. It's held car shows and a few motorcycle events. It is somewhat narrow but has some length.
The man that owned that property is now deceased. His family owns a local wrecking yard here.... Glenn's Auto Parts -- if anyone would like to call them.

Dwight
bugdewde

Sweetwater

Post by bugdewde »

It just hit me. There is a new dragstrip and a couple ovals being built off the Sweetwater exit towards Spring City(west) Maybe a mile past the big Flea Market. I drove up there a couple months ago when it was all dirt and gravel. It looks awesome! Don't know the status of it now but it had tiered parking(4 or 5 levels) and the ovals were banked and connected together and it even looked like the infield would have a curve or two to make a nice road course..........

Looks to be an awesome set up. If it will have a large paved parking lot, that might suffice if they won't let us use the tracks.

Dwight