Big lot in Morristown

Discussion of the search for new Solo II pavement.
Fuelrush

Re: Big lot in Morristown

Post by Fuelrush »

Any new luck with this?
Justin Dougherty
2006 Lotus Exige
2002 Honda S2000 #15 STR (Sold but not forgotten)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

No movement yet. I'll keep everyone updated.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Well, I spoke with Pete Shoenoff of Vifan. doesn't look hopeful.
Chris Harp
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I'm gonna try and contact some one about this site again to see if it may be available and hopefully some one will want to be a little richer from some rental money for lot usage.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Good luck. I even sent the guy a message on facebook.

Seems like they think it would be nothing but a headache. The guy was kind of an ass.

Here's what I sent a couple years ago.
Hello Peter, I just wanted to reach out to you and thank you for speaking with me. I apologize for being so forward, but I was hopeful that I would get the chance to email you some additional information about my club, but you disconnected before I could get your email address.

Nevertheless, I understand that this sounds like nothing more than a huge headache and "one more thing" for you to deal with, but I would like to be able to show you that we are a professional group of individuals that work very hard to make our events "zero-impact" for site owners. We have developed a deep level of trust with the owners of the sites that we use, and I believe that given the opportunity that we could do the same with you.

We can also organize at your facility what is called a "Street Survival" school. This type of event is targeted toward teenagers who have just begun to drive and would be instructed by ETRSCCA members. It teaches them car control skills and reinforces defensive driving techniques.

You can read more about this at http://streetsurvival.org/

Here's a little more information that I would like you to know:
-The SCCA is a national organization of nearly 50,000 members.
-We carry our own event insurance and liability coverage, and I can provide details to you at anytime regarding this. All event participants must sign an official SCCA wavier before being allowed access to the site.
-We also have a team of safety stewards that have been trained by the SCCA to make sure the event runs safely.
-I can provide site usage information from events held at Pellissippi State Community College, Chilhowee Park/Knoxville Zoo, and The City of Knoxville. We have also held events at Bristol Motor Speedway and Meco Manufacturing (which is also in Morristown)
-We are able to pay a site rental fee to compensate you for your time and trouble.
-Based upon discussions with a gentleman named Aaron Zigelnik, we were able to visit the site a few weeks ago. Despite the concerns over pavement quality, our club leaders found the site appropriate for events of our type.

Peter, there's a lot more that I could share with you that would add legitimacy to my organization. I understand that this seems like a pain, but we can make this very easy for you, all we need is the opportunity. In closing, all I'm asking for is about 30 minutes of your time. Perhaps we could meet up for lunch (on us of course).

Here are a few links that I'll share with you in case you'd like to do some exploring.

scca.com (the national SCCA Website - look in the SOLO section for waht we do)
etrscca.com (our local club)
https://www.facebook.com/etrscca (our facebook page)

Thanks again,
Chris Harp
East TN Region SCCA
Regional Executive
Chris Harp